PDA

View Full Version : iPod Classic + Texas Holdem

djellison
Nov 7, 2007, 05:19 AM
Purchased Texas Holdem for my 80g Classic a few days ago ( yes, the right version for my iPod )

All great fun - played it for about 2 hours all together. However, in that time - it has caused my iPod to spontaneously reset itself 4 times. No pattern - just from time to time it goes straight to the grey apple logo bootup screen.

Anyone have a similar experience? Other than this, the iPod's great - up to date software for it, it's just brilliant. None of the three default games have ever crashed - just this one.

Thinking of resetting and restoring content, but was wondering if anyone else has come across the same problem?

Doug

djellison
Nov 8, 2007, 05:28 AM
A restore seems to have fixed this - but I'm not happy that it was required - it speaks of some underlying issue that leaves me wondering what will fail next.

Doug

CarlsonCustoms
Nov 9, 2007, 08:14 AM
little off topic but how do you liek that texas holdem game?

Scarlet Fever
Nov 9, 2007, 08:29 AM
little off topic but how do you liek that texas holdem game?

i'm not the OP, but i love it :D

One of the best Hold'em games I've played.

CarlsonCustoms
Nov 9, 2007, 10:19 AM
are the graphics large enough to read on the screen? especially while walking on the treadmill.. I"m looking for games i can play on my ipod while walking on teh treadmill

zack

Scarlet Fever
Nov 10, 2007, 01:30 AM
are the graphics large enough to read on the screen? especially while walking on the treadmill.. I"m looking for games i can play on my ipod while walking on teh treadmill

zack

It's big enough to read on my 5th Gen :)

just get it. You'll love it :D

djellison
Nov 10, 2007, 07:27 AM
I think it'd work in the 'topdown' mode (you can choose to have little animated people, or just a top down table view mode) - but not too sure if you would be able to see it particularly well when running.

It's a good laugh though - works well.

Doug

AlphaTeam
Nov 12, 2007, 11:55 AM
I like it too, it is kinda hard though.
I've put it down a while because I played it too much.