Smog
Nov 7, 2007, 09:40 AM
The keyboard video for the iphone is now an www.apple.com/uk

MacMonkee
Nov 7, 2007, 09:49 AM
Yay! The iPhones coming out the tomorrow after tomorrow :D

zed2
Nov 7, 2007, 09:54 AM
it's funny that the video is in UK but the speaker is American... listen to how he pronounced "Z" when talking about pizza!! :D:D:D

Smog
Nov 7, 2007, 09:55 AM
its also actually on AT&T the phone, and doesnt have the wifi store

MacMonkee
Nov 7, 2007, 09:57 AM
its also actually on AT&T the phone, and doesnt have the wifi store

Good to see they're making an effort for the UK :rolleyes:

zed2
Nov 7, 2007, 10:00 AM
in the video, on the keyboard to the left there's a button with a globe on it. What does that button do? it doesn't appear on the ipod touches I've played with??

MacMonkee
Nov 7, 2007, 10:02 AM
in the video, on the keyboard to the left there's a button with a globe on it. What does that button do? it doesn't appear on the ipod touches I've played with??

I believe thats for international support but could be wrong? Not sure how it works maybe changes the layout?

memesmith
Nov 7, 2007, 10:08 AM
I believe thats for international support but could be wrong? Not sure how it works maybe changes the layout?

Yup it gives access to international specifuc characters/layouts, google T3's review for pics

REBELinBLUE
Nov 7, 2007, 10:15 AM

Yeah it is on the iPod touch, if you have more than 1 language selected (i.e. English (US) and English (UK)), why you can't disable English (US) is beyond me and I think it is rather silly (especially since it defaults to US English and you have to press the globe to change it to UK English each time you want things like ) but there you go.

zed2
Nov 7, 2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah it is on the iPod touch, if you have more than 1 language selected (i.e. English (US) and English (UK)), why you can't disable English (US) is beyond me and I think it is rather silly (especially since it defaults to US English and you have to press the globe to change it to UK English each time you want things like ) but there you go.

You mean I'm in the UK using my iphone and I have to tell it each time I want to press a I have to first tell it to use the british keyboard layout!!! that can't be true... I must be able to specify the default in settings somewhere. If not this is going to get annoying real quick!

REBELinBLUE
Nov 7, 2007, 11:26 AM
Tell a lie you press the 123 button followed by the #+= button. Not sure why I thought you had to switch the keyboard.

I can't actually find anything different in the layouts on the iPod Touch, I guess it might just be to do with spelling suggestions.

TonyHoyle
Nov 7, 2007, 11:33 AM
The iphone has much the same multilingual stuff in it in 1.1.1 - you just have to enable it in the plist.

You get US by default but in keyboard terms it doesn't appear to make any difference. Select UK keyboard, United Kingdom language, etc. and try to type 'Colour'. It'll try to correct you to 'Color' every time.

I'm guessing a UK dictionary is one of the 'fixes' in 1.1.2...