PDA

View Full Version : Want to modify a "Web clip" widget.

Raid
Nov 7, 2007, 09:41 AM
Hi everyone,

I was fooling around with safari last night and I made a web clip of a traffic camera site I use when heading out of the city. The one annoying habit of the web clip is that if I click on it, instead of updating inside the widget, safari launches.

I'm not that much of a programmer, so I was hoping to open the web clip in dashcode and modify it to update in the widget. The problem is I don't know where the clip is saved on my computer! :mad: I've tried looking in my user account library and the system library, but it's not there. Anyone know where they are stored?

LtRammstein
Nov 7, 2007, 10:59 AM
You should be able to open it up in Dashcode.

Try looking here:

Volume > "Name of your HD" > Library > Widgets > Web Clip.wdgt

Raid
Nov 7, 2007, 11:52 AM
Try looking here:

Volume > "Name of your HD" > Library > Widgets > Web Clip.wdgt

I saw that widget in the library, but it didn't have the right file creation date and when I opened it up in dashcode it only had the 'lego brick' icon in it. I assumed that was the basic Web clip code. I'll have another look at it, but I'm not sure it contains the particular page I clipped.

Thanks for the help!

Raid
Nov 7, 2007, 05:21 PM
I decided to make another quick "web clip" widget (to see if there would be two Web Clip.wdgt files in Volume > "Name of your HD" > Library > Widgets ), but no dice. The one and only Web Clip.wdgt file says it was last opened yesterday (when I took a peek at it with dashcode).

I'd still like to know where the file is so if you have an idea let me know.