Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As expected, Apple has started seeding Mac OS 10.5.1 to developers for testing. The latest seed carries a build number of 9B13 and offers a number of fixes.

Apple details a number of issues addressed in the seed. Specifically, there have been fixes to Mail Sync, Spotlight Index, Disk Management, Text Drawing, iCal and CalDAV syncing, Keychain login, Read-Only Issue with SMB, AirPort 802.1X, Application Firewall, To-Do Notes, and Smart Mailboxes.

Apple released Mac OS X Leopard on October 26th and sold over 2 million copies in the first weekend. There have been some vocal complaints about bugs in the first version of Mac OS X 10.5.

Article Link

ViveLeLivre

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2006
Notably absent from that list: Time Machine via Air Disk.

...and the workarounds are NOT an acceptable alternative.

azdude

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2003
Will it fix the "Dashboard dead for all users" problem caused by enabling parental controls?

I can't fix mine, no matter what I try reversing. Ugh! I never realized how much I used Dashboard until it became completely dead.

a1dipship

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
hope they fix the finder glitches

1, the secure delete that hangs

2, the finder window disappearing when you unmount and drive or image

:confused:

Retired
May 16, 2006
nothing about disk utility?

Apple details a number of issues addressed in the seed. Specifically, there have been fixes to Mail Sync, Spotlight Index, Disk Management, Text Drawing, iCal and CalDAV syncing, Keychain login, Read-Only Issue with SMB, AirPort 802.1X, Application Firewall, To-Do Notes, and Smart Mailboxes.

Hopefully this will fix the errors properly :)

dal20402

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2006
Sigh... neither of my big Leopard issues are on the list:

1. iDisk syncing that fails when files are added to or removed from packages (such as OmniOutliner autosaves), and
2. Spaces weirdness where, after I'm logged in for awhile, windows start to disappear, and Spaces stops automatically taking me to the right space when I switch to an application.

I guess I'll keep waiting for 10.5.2.

vvebsta

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2006
I feel your pain about the iDisk sync. Apple need to be reading up on all these customer problems. Do they read these boards?

1. iDisk syncing that fails when files are added to or removed from packages (such as OmniOutliner autosaves), and
2. Spaces weirdness where, after I'm logged in for awhile, windows start to disappear, and Spaces stops automatically taking me to the right space when I switch to an application.

madmax_2069

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2005
Springfield Ohio
I really hope this fixes the SUID error in DU everyone's been getting including me!

at least you get something in disk utility when you try to repair permissions, i get nothing, it wont even start, it just sits there ( i have let it run for 30 - 45 minutes and still didn't begin to repair anything)

i do hope the fix the bug in DVD player

miketcool

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
California

I have noticed "magic swtiching" as well. It usually happens when a menu bar remains in space 1 and I have tried moving the app to space 2. Try using the preferences to choose which space the entire program opens up into. Just a temp fix though, the spaces experience should be as easy as dragging any window.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
just note, these list of fixes are rarely exhaustive. just because you don't see something in it doesn't really mean anything.

arn

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005

2) happens to me too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.