Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigDaddy5

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
I picked up one of the bluetooth headsets for the iPhone, the apple iPhone headset, when I bought my iPhone a few months ago. I haven't used it a whole lot, because it's been pretty finicky. I don't know if it's me, or if it's the headset. I've pretty much left it in the charger because it's frustrated me.

First, I can't always get it to recognize in the charger. Is there some trick to this, or is it my headset and/or charger?

Second, I can't always get it to turn on. When I do finally get it recognized in the charger, the battery meter is usually over 50%. Even when I let it fully charge, I can't seem to turn it on all the time. I push and hold the button, but I hear nothing in the earpiece.

This has been an intermittent problem since I bought it, but now it seems to have gotten worse. I don't know if it's user error, and I don't have my user manual with me at the moment, or if I should get a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.