PDA

View Full Version : Over at Apple G5 forums, thread about G5's shipping

ImAlwaysRight
Sep 15, 2003, 09:58 PM
A whole bunch of folks on the Apple forums had their CC's preauthorized or charged tonight for their dual 2.0 G5's. The Apple order status page has been down since about 6:30p.m. CT today, so you can not check the status of your order. But one person posted that he received his tracking number via email, and other folks are generally pumped over there. More may be receiving emails as the night progresses. If you want to check out the frenzy, go to the Apple forums, G5 --> Comments and Questions --> Down again, but differently?

Also, a post there titled "The Holdup = G5 Dual Motherboard Revision" indicates Apple revised the dual 2.0 motherboard, which is why the delay. He says: Don't ask as I can't elaberate. This is real info...

The issue has been the Motherboards, have been revised slightly, (thats all I know) to make them work Better.

All I was able to acertain is that it was an Easy revision not to complicated, but enough to hold us all up. As of last Friday No CTO's were yet built and shipped. That may change this week. Okay you got the Real Story now. They are still feeling like they will be On Time with the shipping!!

EDIT: I didn't post any links, cuz I think they time out after a while.

mrougeux
Sep 16, 2003, 07:36 PM
I am wondering if anyone has gotten a dual other than Vtech. Apple told me last Friday (9/12) the reason mine had not shipped was the 250GB drives I ordered in it were not available. Didn't mention any motherboard updates. Hmmmmm.

After 8/29, the hold against my cc disappeared. It reappeared 9/10. Now it is gone again as of today. Perhaps it means nothing other than shipping is NOT imminent. In any event, very odd.

glockfan
Sep 17, 2003, 10:32 AM
can't find the forums you are speaking of, could you point me in the right direction? thanks

mrougeux
Sep 17, 2003, 12:22 PM
Cut and paste this link

http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?128@238.MNjgaZbbebw.0@.5999a3a2