PDA

View Full Version : Will BBC Listen Again Work on touch?

NewMacGirl
Nov 8, 2007, 05:28 AM
I love BBC radio's listen again (Radio 1 with Chris Moyles and Radio 2 Jeremy Vine are the best broadcasters in the world by far) as the radio where I live is rubbish (Australia)

Would I be able to use the BBC Listen again service on a ipod touch??

Just need more reasons to get one!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/

TonyHoyle
Nov 8, 2007, 06:07 AM
No it won't. Touch doesn't support realplayer (or any other kind of streaming audio/video in fact).

Officially the only way to get media onto the touch is to download it into itunes and sync it. Jailbroken touches have at least one app that allow mp3 radio streams to be played though.

superted666
Nov 8, 2007, 06:53 AM
Does it not support Streaming of quicktime formats?

Do BBC offer Moyles as a podcast?

dalvin200
Nov 8, 2007, 07:13 AM
Do BBC offer Moyles as a podcast?

yes, via their website and also via itunes

TonyHoyle
Nov 8, 2007, 08:12 AM
Does it not support Streaming of quicktime formats?

It's possible, but the videos on apple.com/uk just crash Safari so I'm not sure whether it's attempting to play them or it's just crashing because, well, that's what Safari does..

steve.lawrence
Nov 8, 2007, 05:08 PM
It's possible, but the videos on apple.com/uk just crash Safari so I'm not sure whether it's attempting to play them or it's just crashing because, well, that's what Safari does..

The movie trailers at www.apple.com/trailers stream over quicktime and work perfectly with the touch

mmfy
Nov 8, 2007, 05:55 PM

I vote for option B :D

thePhantom
Nov 9, 2007, 04:30 AM
It's very dissapointing that we cant use real player / mp3 listen again streams from radio stations on the itouch, we also cant use myspace which is another massive down side...

what are the odds on an update in the near future that will enable this?

sunfast
Nov 9, 2007, 04:56 AM
It's very dissapointing that we cant use real player / mp3 listen again streams from radio stations on the itouch, we also cant use myspace which is another massive down side...

what are the odds on an update in the near future that will enable this?

This would be such a bonus to the touch. I'd get one

gilliard
Nov 9, 2007, 05:04 AM
hi people out there, this is my first communication in the macforums, so its not a reply but a new question, i hope you dont mind,
anyway my query is, ive tried to jailbreak my touch a few times but my touch wont complete the task, i have a three year old imac 17in superdrive, i can get the touch to work as normal, download music etc, even though its only usb1, so thats great, but after the first attempt to jailbreak it, it wiped all my music and videos off completely, i also noticed after each attempt to jailbreak it, the touch was left with just 300mb of memory, so if you have hacked your ipod touch i would check to see how much memory you have left, i had more than 14gb left on touch when i started hack, i have since restored ipod touch with no probs, and decided to leave it until i get a new mac with usb2.
so its realy to see if anyone else is left with little memory after jail break hacks, i hope this is helpfull to you all out there in touch land.
thanks in advance gilliard

afd
Nov 9, 2007, 05:43 AM
I've used Audio Hijack Pro to record BBC radio shows and then copy onto my ipod, don't know if that's any use to you? Not as easy as just listening online with your touch though.

solyd
Nov 9, 2007, 05:53 AM
hi people out there, this is my first communication in the macforums, so its not a reply but a new question, i hope you dont mind,
anyway my query is, ive tried to jailbreak my touch a few times but my touch wont complete the task, i have a three year old imac 17in superdrive, i can get the touch to work as normal, download music etc, even though its only usb1, so thats great, but after the first attempt to jailbreak it, it wiped all my music and videos off completely, i also noticed after each attempt to jailbreak it, the touch was left with just 300mb of memory, so if you have hacked your ipod touch i would check to see how much memory you have left, i had more than 14gb left on touch when i started hack, i have since restored ipod touch with no probs, and decided to leave it until i get a new mac with usb2.
so its realy to see if anyone else is left with little memory after jail break hacks, i hope this is helpfull to you all out there in touch land.
thanks in advance gilliard

Next time start your own thread. Also search before you post, you'll find that your question has been answered many times. Your iPod will show 300mb of memory if you have started to jailbreak but do not finish it. Once you finish jailbreak, you'll have your original size back.

gilliard
Nov 9, 2007, 08:24 AM
thanks solyd, as said new to this, do not know how to start a thread.
sorry, and thanks again.