PDA

View Full Version : How to remove cover art?

LexPigpooh
Nov 8, 2007, 07:21 AM
Ok, I like the option of getting cover art in iTunes but there are a few instances where I got completely the wrong covers and it seems impossible to remove! When I click on 'Get Info' there is a delete box but it is invariably greyed out.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find anything, my local Apple Store can't help and I'm fed up being greeted by Mel Gibsons ugly mug when I want to play some early '70s Funk from my 'The Big Payback' compilation! (Somehow iTunes believes its the soundtrack of some MG movie)

triggerfish
Nov 8, 2007, 07:33 AM
Ok, I like the option of getting cover art in iTunes but there are a few instances where I got completely the wrong covers and it seems impossible to remove! When I click on 'Get Info' there is a delete box but it is invariably greyed out.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find anything, my local Apple Store can't help and I'm fed up being greeted by Mel Gibsons ugly mug when I want to play some early '70s Funk from my 'The Big Payback' compilation! (Somehow iTunes believes its the soundtrack of some MG movie)

Sounds stupid, but have you clicked on the image of the cover art in the get info window to highlight it first?!

LexPigpooh
Nov 8, 2007, 08:07 AM
Tried that, it disappears from the box but returns when playing a song from the album.
Its just when I try and 'get info' again there is an empty box but it still remains when playing that song/cd.

triggerfish
Nov 8, 2007, 09:01 AM
Tried that, it disappears from the box but returns when playing a song from the album.
Its just when I try and 'get info' again there is an empty box but it still remains when playing that song/cd.

Did you remove the artwork from every track in the album?

cptpower
Nov 8, 2007, 09:09 AM
select every song from the album in question, right-click and select "Clear Downloaded Artwork"; that should get rid of it then.

LexPigpooh
Nov 8, 2007, 04:04 PM
Removed all artwork for every track. The result is that the small 'Now Playing' window bottom left shows nothing (although by now I've grabbed the correct artwork from Amazon and it shows that) but the big window up top still shows M. Gibson.
The odd thing is that my album is a quadruple box set but only disc 4 is named such, the first 3 appear as 'The Big Payback'; it is these which continue to show Mel, disc 4 now shows correct artwork.
Unfortunately it appears impossible to edit those tracks the normal way, neither one by one nor in bulk. It lets me type in the corrections in the appropriate field, it just disappears when I go to the next track or disc.

Thanks for all your help guys!
I haven't given up hope yet…