PDA

View Full Version : Touch now shares WiFi with MBP using Expresscard

urrl78
Nov 8, 2007, 02:23 PM
Before I tried that iJailbreak install there was no way my iPod Touch would share the WiFi signal with my 2.4 Ghz 15" Macbook Pro. Well the Jailbreak install failed an I had to restore my iPod. After that I discovered the iPod was able to surf the net from the MBP. I checked the Wifi signal and yes; it's from the MBP. What happened? Did Apple do an update on the software I re-installed to get my iPod working again? I had to do a full re-install and lost my stored stuff, but sync'd it back. Anyway all I can say is WOW because this was one of the main reasons I bought my iPod Touch. I'm almost afraid to turn everything off and reboot...:D

I am using the Sprint EX720 Expresscard.

I am wondering if iJailbreak really had anything to do with it. Maybe those with this problem need to do the "hold both buttons procedure" to reset their iPods.

urrl78
Nov 8, 2007, 03:12 PM
OK I rebooted the laptop and the iPod and now it does not work. I may try resetting again and if it works I will use sleep mode and never turn it off. Maybe that will work.

Edit:
It happened again, got connected last night, left iPod on but rebooted MBP only; still no good.
At least I finally got it jailbroke. My mistake was the iTunes settings; iTunes turned it on each time the instructions told me to reboot the iPod.
I changed the settings; iTunes did come on but was set not to connect with the iPod. Did it using the expresscard in the MBP by the way.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/AshleyT99/iTouch.jpg