Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GizmoGirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
http://girlonthegowithiphone.blogspot.com Hello all. I'm GizmoGirl and I am new to the iPhone world. I have only had mine for a couple of days, and I was wondering if anyone had used the dock that comes with the phone, and if so... did you like it and was it useful?

Thanks,

GizmoGirl:)

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
um, yes, the dock can be useful depending on your needs. and for a high end phone, i think it's an accessory that most people would expect to be included at that price point.

i use my iphone as my alarm clock. it goes on its dock every night on my bedside table so i can easily see the time. i also dock it when i sync it to my mac.

ghostshadow777

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2007
Congrats on getting the phone, I love mine. :) The dock is useful, keeps the phone upright and you can hook it up to a stereo with aux input easily.

jblodgett

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2005
um, yes, the dock can be useful depending on your needs. and for a high end phone, i think it's an accessory that most people would expect to be included at that price point.

i use my iphone as my alarm clock. it goes on its dock every night on my bedside table so i can easily see the time. i also dock it when i sync it to my mac.

Just curious-

How do you see the time??

Doesn't the screen go black after a minute or so?

Do you reach over and hit the top button to wake it up or something?

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
My iPhone is my alarm clock so I stand it up on the dock at night on my night stand.

joegomolski

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2006
So CA
iPhone Dock Anyone?

Just curious-

How do you see the time??

Doesn't the screen go black after a minute or so?

Do you reach over and hit the top button to wake it up or something?

You can set the time period before the screen goes to sleep.

Touch the "Settings" icon, on the main screen.

Then select the general tab, then "auto-lock."

There's a list of times before the screen goes to sleep. One minute to 5 minutes, and never. Select your preference.

Marilyn

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
I keep mine in the dock most of the day, unless I'm on it. Keeps it just below my eye level so I see when it's ringing (since I generally have music on in the office so I don't always hear phones) And since you can play with it while it's docked...works for me! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.