PDA

View Full Version : No monitor updates, eh?

Fender2112
Sep 16, 2003, 05:46 AM
I'm really bummed.:(

MrMacMan
Sep 16, 2003, 06:40 PM
They weren't expected so no.

No monitor updates.

jrv3034
Sep 16, 2003, 07:15 PM
Bummer. :(

They really should update the monitor lineup to match the G5 aluminum look. Not to mention the Keyboard and mouse. The current ones belong with the G4 Power Mac and the iMac/eMac/ibook lineup. The monitors really look out of place with the G5/iSight design.

Come on, Ives, give us the good stuff!:p

mikeyredk
Sep 16, 2003, 07:35 PM
actually i think the apple monitor helps to soften the harshness of the g5 metal

acj
Sep 16, 2003, 10:43 PM
Anyone know how long it takes for a product to ship after the box has been printed?

jrv3034
Sep 17, 2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by acj
Anyone know how long it takes for a product to ship after the box has been printed?

I guess it depends whether they print the boxes before the product is completely ready, or right after it's officially finished. Who knows?

Hmmm, have you seen any new monitor boxes printed?:eek: ;)

acj
Sep 17, 2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by jrv3034
I guess it depends whether they print the boxes before the product is completely ready, or right after it's officially finished. Who knows?

Hmmm, have you seen any new monitor boxes printed?:eek: ;)

The company I work for, alaskaphotographics.com, sold a photo to Apple for a box before the 20" CDs were announced. I couldn't wait to see the photo printed, but it was something else!

jrv3034
Sep 17, 2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by acj
The company I work for, alaskaphotographics.com, sold a photo to Apple for a box before the 20" CDs were announced. I couldn't wait to see the photo printed, but it was something else!

Wow, that's as solid a basis for a rumor as any. Nice catch. I'm assuming these are photos that would go inside the display, like the nice mountain scene in the 20" LCD, or the Hi-Tech buildings in the 23" Cinema Display. See if you can figure out what the photo was of, without getting fired, of course! I mean, if you want to take one for the team...;)

acj
Sep 18, 2003, 03:21 PM
They never told me not to tell, but I'm nervous. You can look on our site and narrow it down to the 6000 images there...

Ramsos
Sep 18, 2003, 04:14 PM
I think new displays that match the G5 will show up on or before MWSF 2004 I also think apple may offer a different bluetooth mouse and keyboard that will match the G5. Maybe the Alu-mouse will have 2 buttons and a scroll wheel since it will be marketed to Pro users. Just a thought.:D

vollspacken
Sep 18, 2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by mikeyredk
actually i think the apple monitor helps to soften the harshness of the g5 metal

I just saw the 23" Apple display next to a G5 at a reseller today and it looked pretty good. I like the current display design... :)

vSpacken

acj
Sep 18, 2003, 07:19 PM
I had my hopes all up. The box came out in May! It's on the 17" LCD, and I never even saw it or heard about it! Here's the photo.

Anyone want a print? :D Go to our site and search for blueberries. It's the second one that shows up.

acj
Sep 18, 2003, 07:26 PM
Those two blueberries are actually in this photo... Maybe they'll use it for the new hyper-wide screens :p

My Boss (the photographer) was shooting the blueberries up close while waiting for the clouds to leave the mountain (McKinley).

Thank goodness for the clouds!