Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Those options listed to your left is "Popular accessories".

If you click on "For Mac" you get the option to choose "Displays".

Although whenever you configure a Mac you automatically have the option to bundle it with an Apple Cinema Display.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Why is it so hard to find this page on the Apple Store Website?

Is Apple that ashamed on what you will find there?

-OR-

Am I totally blind and missed the link on the main store page and didn't need to search for 10 minutes to find them?

To add to the post above, space is at a premium on a high volume revenue generating web site. You analyze your clicks and give space to hot sellers. Since most displays are probably sold with a computer, it makes little sense to waste precious space on a displays link.

kresh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
To add to the post above, space is at a premium on a high volume revenue generating web site. You analyze your clicks and give space to hot sellers. Since most displays are probably sold with a computer, it makes little sense to waste precious space on a displays link.

I hear what you are saying, but it does not make sense.

I would find it hard to believe that some of these items below (they are on the front page) generate more revenue than monitors, also 2 of the 3 Apple desktop lines do not come with a monitor.

Regardless of the fact that you can choose to buy a monitor while you are ordering a computer, it makes no sense to hide them in the store somewhere. That is unless you are embarassed about something. Price maybe?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I hear what you are saying, but it does not make sense.

I would find it hard to believe that some of these items below (they are on the front page) generate more revenue than monitors, also 2 of the 3 Apple desktop lines do not come with a monitor.

Regardless of the fact that you can choose to buy a monitor while you are ordering a computer, it makes no sense to hide them in the store somewhere. That is unless you are embarassed about something. Price maybe?

I find it funny that you think a company would be embarassed by their prices. Apple is hardly hiding their monitors.

And the items in your image probably generate more revenue and/or profits than displays. Think about it, Apple probably sells several hundred of each of those items daily. The margins on software and accessories are often more than 50% while margins on hardware are 30% or so.

kresh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
I find it funny that you think a company would be embarassed by their prices. Apple is hardly hiding their monitors.

And the items in your image probably generate more revenue and/or profits than displays. Think about it, Apple probably sells several hundred of each of those items daily. The margins on software and accessories are often more than 50% while margins on hardware are 30% or so.

To each their own I guess. I find it funny that a company would hide the monitors, something so fundamentally important to a desktop computer.

Also, I asked prices as a question. What I was trying to get at is if there was something wrong with the monitors that they would not proudly display them. Price, quality, performance, percieved value, et al.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
To each their own I guess.
What? This isn't really a matter of opinion. rdowns gave you a pretty good explanation of revenue that is generated per page. The same logic is used by most online companies.

I find it funny that a company would hide the monitors, something so fundamentally important to a desktop computer.

If you actually go and choose a desktop, you'll see that choosing a display is one of the choices ;)

Also, I asked prices as a question. What I was trying to get at is if there was something wrong with the monitors that they would not proudly display them. Price, quality, performance, percieved value, et al.

The reason they're not shown is because there is probably less interest in them compared to Macbooks (Apple's number 1 seller), Macbook Pros (I believe in second place), iMacs, minis, Mac Pros, oh, and let's not forget iPods or iPhones ;). When you put all of these things together, and then consider the fact that most display buyers are probably going to do so when they buy a desktop that doesn't have display, it makes some pretty darn good sense.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
The page isnt that hard to find... go to Mac, then ACD, then buy now. But I gotta admit, these things need a refresh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.