PDA

View Full Version : Neo Car Audio iPod Adapter - Does anyone use this?

ipodinhtown
Nov 11, 2007, 02:26 AM
I have a 2004 Honda Accord and I am interested in having a direct line into the car's stereo. In the little research that I have done, I've read that Neo Car Audio sales a car adapter kit that connects the iPod to the car stereo. I've read both positive and negative reviews for this product, so I'm looking for some comments from people who have used the Neo Car Audio iPod adapter.

Can anyone comment about the quality of this product? (Sound quality, durability, etc).

Does anyone have another company that you would suggest I look into as an alternative to Neo Car Audio?

Thanks for your help.

Here's the link to Neo's website:
www.neocaraudio.com

gr8tfly
Nov 11, 2007, 02:54 AM
I had one put in my 2000 BMW a few days after iDay. My previous interface wouldn't work - the iPhone couldn't tell it was docked, so it wouldn't switch from internal speaker to the line-out.

The Neo adapter has two modes (at least in the model for my car). "Integrated" will display the track/song info on the changer head unit, and allow more control of the iPhone/iPod. But, in the iPhone's case, disables control on the iPhone itself. My 5th Gen iPod can be controlled through either, at the same time.

The other mode is "manual". This allows the iPhone to be controlled through its own interface. Basic track up/down is all that can be done through the changer head.

Both modes allow track up/down control through the steering wheel.

Sound quality is great, as you would expect through line-in. No GSM noise (though, I've never had any in with any phone or interface, so I can't say it's because of the Neo adapter.)