Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elvtnedge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Ok I got the ipod touch yesterday. Im trying to figure out what the white cradle thing is that comes in the box and how to use it and also the thing that looks like a clear plastic clip.

Silly questions I know...

dscuber9000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
Indiana, US
Ok I got the ipod touch yesterday. Im trying to figure out what the white cradle thing is that comes in the box and how to use it and also the thing that looks like a clear plastic clip.

I have yet to figure out what that white thing is, but the clear thing is a stand for the iPod touch. You can put the iPod touch in it vertically to show it off (you can't put headphones in while it is vertical), or you can put it in the stand horizontally so you don't have to hold the touch to watch a movie.

inflynx

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2007
London

That white plastic thing is an adapter for universal dock:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=31188AB7&fnode=home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/cables_docks&nplm=MB125G/A

Clear clip is a stand. Stick your touch into it to make it stand upright. Should be handy when watching movies on the plane :)

ProstheticHead

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
Seattle, WA
It's all so clear now! I had no idea what the hell that little clear thing was and was about to make a forum post before I stumbled upon this. I also found that when you're not using the stand, it fits perfectly over the end of your dock plug to act as a pseudo-plug-protector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.