Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merkuryy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Shanghai, China
A Chinese company---Meizu----has announced to the world that they gonna release the M7, a strong PMP device that really will hurt the Touch sells in 2008 March.

ces1bwT7S5I1I.jpg

It has three capacity- 2G,4G,8G and the prices are very competitive, from 100$ for the 2G, 115$ for the 4G, and 155$ for the 8G.

It will have an ARM from Samsung, so it will have touch control, the size is 89*48*7.3mm (smaller than the Touch), the screen is 2.81 inches 15:9 and have a resolution of 480*288 (like the samsung P2) with 1660M colour.It can support video of 720*480.

So AAPL will have a bad day as the M7 has the same power but half the price.
Three cheers for the company!!!!!

ce7HHoFFqpHQ.jpg

Merkuryy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Shanghai, China
photo shop or str8 rip off

of the ipt

Nice guess ,as the producer has so pity skill. It was released the same day as the Touch came out. I'm shocked how many Chinese still believe it's true since the infinite delay of the Mini-One, just because of some kind of "nation proud"

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2007
UK
normally all the copied devices are cheaply made and seem tacky to use, take those fake ipod nanos (previous gen), total tack!

If this is real i doubt it will hurt the touch

Merkuryy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Shanghai, China
normally all the copied devices are cheaply made and seem tacky to use, take those fake ipod nanos (previous gen), total tack!

If this is real i doubt it will hurt the touch

Meizu is not a ordinary MP3 maker, it copied AAPL totally, from the screen resolution to the body material, even the ARM. So their product are not very poor quality like the "fake" nanos you mention above.They got enough good product like these ones

20070315102648253.jpg

But this time, they want to make something that a manufactor can't do, and this set fire in China

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
none of the other chinese iPod rip-offs have done much to hurt them, so I don't think that this one will either, and if it does somehow manage to make a big enough dent in touch sales that Apple even notices it there will be lawsuits that will get this taken out of stores quickly.

Merkuryy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Shanghai, China
none of the other chinese iPod rip-offs have done much to hurt them, so I don't think that this one will either, and if it does somehow manage to make a big enough dent in touch sales that Apple even notices it there will be lawsuits that will get this taken out of stores quickly.

Unfortunately, to pass on laws is truely what they want. So everybody will know there is a little company in China that can match AAPL. And Apple even sue it!!!!!!

Then they become famous, and it infected their other product sales. This what happen with the product which I put a link above

manram24

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2007
2GB= 20 songs
1 video
37 photos

this is really competitive not
2gigs for a video player
almost as bad as the zune micro mini

verbalist

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
theese things are so sad man and no i see every mp3 player or phoen comming out got somethign borrowed from the iphone and touch from ui or look its all a copy

is it true lg prada was the og iphone though?

smiddlehurst

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2007
A Chinese company---Meizu----has announced to the world that they gonna release the M7, a strong PMP device that really will hurt the Touch sells in 2008 March.

It will have an ARM from Samsung, so it will have touch control, the size is 89*48*7.3mm (smaller than the Touch), the screen is 2.81 inches 15:9 and have a resolution of 480*288 (like the samsung P2) with 1660M colour.It can support video of 720*480.

So AAPL will have a bad day as the M7 has the same power but half the price.
Three cheers for the company!!!!!

Umm, are you serious?

1) I see no sign of multitouch, kind of important that one if you want the full 'wow' factor of the IPT
2) Wireless networking? No mention that I can see which means...
3) No web browsing
4) It's from Meizu who have a habit of announcing products then not delivering (M8 anyone?) just for the publicity.
5) The ipod range decimates every other MP3 player in the world because it is basically the only MP3 player that the general public want, a combination of functionality, looks and brand that seems unbeatable right now. If Samsung, Sony etc can't knock it off the top spot then this certainly won't. This cheap knockoff will only ever be bought by a handful of geeks who simply want to be able to say they've got an IPT for a fraction of the price and anyone who buys the IPT is an idiot.
6) If it ever looked like this would threaten Apple it's not exactly a difficult target to hit considering that EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF THE DESIGN OF BOTH HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE IS A DIRECT COPY OF THE IPT! Well, except for it being white of course. Hardly something to be cheering Meizu for: "Hey, we can produce the exact same thing as Apple for half the cost. With a few less features. And less hardware. And we haven't actually made it yet, this is just a photoshop image. But I'm sure we WILL figure out how to make it by this date I've just pulled out of somewhere unmentionable. We're heroes!"

And then there's all the little additions like the Calendar and contacts apps, 3rd party development (which will be available via SDK by the time this thing launches) and of course iTunes. No, this product will die a death just like the hundreds of other cheap, no-name PMP units that are presented to an uncaring world. That's if it ever actually makes it out the door for sale in the first place of course.

beeeen

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
This thing won't hurt the touch. I think people will be more inclined to purchase the touch because it is an apple product, the ipod reputation, and safari. The only thing that appeals to me is the price. So..I don't know.

surferfromuk

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2007
Sorry but i'm not going to be joining in with the three cheers. Inspiration is one thing but this is plainly pure intellectul theft and deserves no form of celebration whatsoever. Did they also steal leopard osx to run it on? Would that warrant another cheer ? Maybe they should just steal actual ipt's and etch a new logo onto them - hip hip hooray!!

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
Meizu looooves to announce knockoffs of Apple products the day they are announced. I would be willing to paypal you 10.00 if you can prove to me anyone has actually gotten their hands on this or the MiniOne.

Want more info on cheap knockoffs and promises they'll never fulfill: click me

alana22

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
Seattle
Unfortunately, to pass on laws is truely what they want. So everybody will know there is a little company in China that can match AAPL. And Apple even sue it!!!!!!

Then they become famous, and it infected their other product sales. This what happen with the product which I put a link above

And yet, your signature reads: MBP SR 2.2ghz,120G. iPod Nano 4G(1G) iPod 5G(30G),iPod Shuffle(2G),Sony NW-E407,Creative Muvo2 (4G),YP-K3(2G),iPod Mini(4G),iPod Touch(8G) very soon

Just sayin' ;)

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
It will have absolutely no effect on iPod touch sales at all. Meizu are a bunch of talentless leeches. :mad:

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
This thing will make everyone sick with lead poisoning, it won't really be an iPod Touch killer, but mainly sicken everyone that will want to go out and buy one.

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
March 08? By then I'll have been enjoying my IPT for 4 months. What's that worth? Surely $100-150 to me! :)

Richard.John

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2007
Yurigaoka, Japan
People miss the point with these better than iPod ripoffs. Sure they may sound better, have greater capacity but they are missing one crucial thing. Apple doesn't make them. The iPod experience is greater than the sum of its parts. Ease of use plus iTunes and the music store and now Wi-Fi with the touch hit a home run every time. The pods are still the best balance of features vs ease use on the market today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.