Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i'm just wondering when the PowerBooks will get here?

i phoned a reseller in Brisbane and they said it could be in 2 days... but they'll probably all sell out, and they're taking pre-orders with a 10% deposit now.

then i called a Apple Store (NextByte) in Brisbane as well and they said it could be 2 weeks!!:eek: they're expecting supply issues as well.:rolleyes:

i would have pre-ordered one, but i'm going to Sydney on Sunday for a week... does anyone know if they will reach Sydney before Brisbane?:confused: i am ssssoooooo desprate to get one!!:D

is there anyone here that is in a 'official' position that they can say when the PB's will reach Aus?

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
weev, thanks for posting that link, i've been looking for a good reseller in Sydney.

so you reckon that they should be available to resellers in a few days? that sounds good, i'm just hoping they're available in under a week.

and a side note: if i buy a PowerBook in Sydney from a reseller, not a Apple Centre, when i get back to Brisbane, if it needs repairs down the track, will i just be able to take it to a Apple Centre here in Bris? does anyone know how that works with warranty claims from another city?:confused:

weev

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2003
Sydney, Australia
you are welcome cb911

actually have no idea when re-sellers will be moving stock compared to Apple. I had a custom built order so I went direct to Apple cause the re-seller would have to do the same.

Your warranty is honoured by any authorised service centre australia-wide (don't know about OS but I guess it should be too, after all its a portable, and if it dies in California they'll fix it I am pretty sure).

Interesting to note that extended warranties even transend ownership. I bought a second hand cube and when the logic board blew it was fixed for free under warranty (a few months left on it only). The local service centre just bills Apple and they are happy to do the work.

There are heaps of Apple service place around. Even in Wagga Wagga (at a guess). ;)

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
okay, so if the PowerBooks arrive in Sydney next week when i'm down there i'll pick one up then!! :D yay!

weev, do you know of any other resellers in Sydney with good prices, or that would do a good deal? if you could post some more links that would be really good. :)

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
$300 off is a good deal, but i'm a education buyer, so i get savings like that anyway.

748s thanks for the link as well. :)

anyone in Sydeny know of more good resellers?

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
Anna, have you checked the list of Apple resellers listed on Apple.com?

i'm not sure about Adelaide resellers... but www.streetwise.net.au ship Australia wide, and they seem to have good prices.

there might also be some other big companies that offer good prices and Australia wide shipping, not sure though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.