Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackRipper

macrumors regular
May 14, 2002
South Carolina
How is it for you?

You're on X, right? How's it run?
I've only used it on a Rev A iMac 233 running OS 9 and it's not quite right ( not to mention slow ).

I emailed Gerrit about it and he told me that my iMac doesn't have a lot of the opengl goodies the SF needs.

What FPS are you getting on Mario64 ( assuming you have it )?

dxp4acu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
Texas
Oh man! I was playing last night with my friends and they were amazed. That was on beta 4. Mario looks practically perfect, runs too fast (so you have to limit it to 30fps), and sounds fantastic!

I have a 12 inch PB with 867 mhz G4. Not the best, but still really fast.

Also, Mario Kart looks amazing! And supposedly on the final version (I can't try it here at work!) sounds great too.

Those are the only 2 games I've tried on it. I'm impressed!!!

JackRipper

macrumors regular
May 14, 2002
South Carolina
Originally posted by dxp4acu
Oh man! I was playing last night with my friends and they were amazed. That was on beta 4. Mario looks practically perfect, runs too fast (so you have to limit it to 30fps), and sounds fantastic!

Awesome, I can't wait to get my new puter... Going from a 233 G3 to 1+ Ghz G4 (crosses fingers for a 2 Ghz G5) is going to knock me out of my chair!

Thanks and enjoy!

dxp4acu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
Texas
Whew. That sounds good! I went from a PB G3 233 to this PB G4, and man, is it a difference. You'll like your new machine. When are you getting it? You will definitely want to invest in an adaptoid http://www.adaptoid.com when you do!

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I'd love to try this out, but I can't seem to find a working rom link anywhere. I can tell you what it is like on my dual 1 ghz QS if you PM me a link.

P-Worm

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Where did you get Mario Kart?

I actually have the Game for My N64... haha.

But where are you getting them from?

I can't seem to find them... mind pointint me therE?

Xero

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2002
Los Angeles
one word: Poisoned ;)

seriously hunting for websites with roms is a fruitless task. youll find tons of roms on p2p networks and .torrent systems.

by the way, does anyone know a good game controller app that has good analogue stick support? i have a Logitech Wingman rumblepad, and have been using GamePad Companion. its pretty good but it doesnt seem to support analogue sticks very well.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by Xero
one word: Poisoned ;)

to get off topic, Poisoned sucks ass . Multinet is a hacked Poisoned and its way way better than poisoned

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by mac15
to get off topic, Poisoned sucks ass . Multinet is a hacked Poisoned and its way way better than poisoned

Ech, really the person making mutinet is now a Poisoned Developer.

One person comes along makes a hack for a program you like and now it sucks ass.

:rolleyes:

Poisoned will be updated when one of the developers gets back from vacation.

dxp4acu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
Texas
i sent a pm to a couple of you. let me know if it works. You might need a special program to unzip those.

JackRipper

macrumors regular
May 14, 2002
South Carolina
Originally posted by dxp4acu
Whew. That sounds good! I went from a PB G3 233 to this PB G4, and man, is it a difference. You'll like your new machine. When are you getting it? You will definitely want to invest in an adaptoid http://www.adaptoid.com when you do!

I'm going to try and wait until next summer's announcements. I'll be able to afford one in a few months but I want to get a "yesterday's" revision to save some money and get a close to the top PM.

and yeah, I'll be gettin one of those adaptoids! ( thanks for the info! )

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
how can it be a final if it's only a .7??

anyway, it'll be good to see how that goes on a new PB. :D

wow. i just read about what the did in the .7 update. looks like they've done alot of work on it.

does anyone know if it will suppory gamepads. i got a MacAlly gamepad a while back and i haven't had much luck with it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.