PDA

View Full Version : in a year from now all apples should be G5....

howard
Sep 17, 2003, 11:27 AM
the g5 is for sure going to get faster, and we all know that eventally it'll end up in powerbooks...but where does that leave the i machines?...using the pathetic g4 that moto can't even make in large quantities?? phh...they would be piddling around in 1.4 ghz when the g5 will be way bast 2ghz for all models...

i think that in a year from now they should have everything be g5s...just keep the i machines at lower clockspeeds....1.8 or so for the i macs... 1.6 or so for ibooks...while the powermacs and powerbooks are 2ghz plus

basically i'm saying apple should really push ahead to the future... and forget about the g4...

stoid
Sep 17, 2003, 11:46 AM
since the IBM G3 will soon surpass the Moto G4's and even have AltiVec, I imagine that apple will probably put IBM G3's label G4 into their i line

Bear
Sep 17, 2003, 11:50 AM
Actually G3/G4/G5 are Apple labels.

When the IBM 780 varient with altivec comes out, Apple could by rights call it a G4 if they want to.

Yes there will be some differences between that and what Apple currently calls G4's, but they shouldn't matter.

howard
Sep 17, 2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by stoid
since the IBM G3 will soon surpass the Moto G4's and even have AltiVec, I imagine that apple will probably put IBM G3's label G4 into their i line

i certainly wouldn't be apposed to this

i just don't want them to use the current motorola g4