PDA

View Full Version : I just checked out the new PBs in store

onlydroops
Sep 17, 2003, 11:30 AM
And I like 'em!

The 15" is gorgeous. I was never happy with the way the TiBook looked. My only problem is the screen hinge--I wish it didn't sink behind the keyboard. But whatever, it ain't gonna keep me from buying it.

I wish I could have turned the lights off in the store to check out the KB.

Is it me or are the display a little dim? I turned the brightness all the way up and they still don't look as bright as the Apple displays.... I thought they used the same screens? Were the "old" PBs like this? I've never owned one so I don't have a lot of experience with them. It could have been the bright lights in the store but the Apple Displays look nice and bright too.

I'm not trying to complain about them, which it sounds like I'm doing, but it was just something I noticed.

applemacdude
Sep 17, 2003, 11:42 AM
Do the new 15 inchers have the ambient lighting thing?

onlydroops
Sep 17, 2003, 11:43 AM
Yes they do, I turned it off.

But if it were on and the lights were on in the store, wouldn't it bump the brightness UP not down?

chazmox
Sep 17, 2003, 12:47 PM
No reason to light the keyboard if it's in the light. The keyboard lighting only comes on in the dark. Only the superdrive version comes standard with it - all others have to be special ordered.

onlydroops
Sep 17, 2003, 12:48 PM
I'm just talking about the screen brightness...

stoid
Sep 17, 2003, 01:06 PM
It seems that during the day it would bump up brightness, my question is whether the ambient sensor can be adjusted or if it is fixed at a specific sensitivity during construction?