Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In less than a week from the last developer seed, Apple has released another version of Mac OS X 10.5.1 to developers for testing.

The latest 10.5.1 seed (9B16) has "no known issues" but lists only a few updates since the previous build. These include updating applications even if moved out of /Applications, moving files to a different directory in Finder bug fix, and DNS resolution fixes. The update is not yet available to the general public.

10.5.1 represents the first maintenance release to Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) since its release only 3 weeks ago. While accelerated developer seeds traditionally indicate that Apple is approaching release, Apple's has yet to release the Mac OS X 10.4.11 update that has long been expected.

Article Link

daveschroeder

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2003
Madison, WI
Keep in mind that Leopard was declared GM 2-3 weeks before it actually shipped, and it wasn't as if work stopped on Leopard in the meantime...so it's not really the result of work only done since its retail release, but of all work done since 9A581 was declared the GM build of 10.5.0.

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
I always get shaky running the first builds.. but haven't had a problem with 10.5 yet. I also haven't managed to do a backup (lack of superduper! support) so nothing major going on in my world... except waiting for a macbook pro...

EMU1337

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
I wonder if they might update the driver for the Aluminum iMac's. It would be really nice to play Madden '08, which I bought about a month ago.

Sussman

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2006
Colorado
Excited... a little

I am looking forward to this update. But that being said, I do not regret getting Leopard as soon as I could. No major problems, lucky for me because I didn't even do a back-up before upgrading (I know, risky)

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
I really hope this fixes the missing artwork in Front Row bug when your share an iTunes library. A dozen other people in the Apple forums have the same problem.

JQW

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2006
I wonder if the DNS resolver bug is the one that affects command line tools such as 'curl'? This breaks things such as fink, but only with certain external routers acting as your DNS server. Setting external DNS manually fixes the problem.

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
Zzzz.... Waiting for the retail boxes to display a sticker "Now Inside v. 10.5.3" before I upgrade.
Amen to that - although I do have an extra NFR license and some free time over Thanksgiving week. So if 10.5.1 hits some of the bigger issues, I might just be tempted enough to upgrade on my home system and start playing around with Leopard. Though for the moment, the only way Leopard is getting onto our network at work is if it ships with a new computer - everyone else is getting 10.4.11 and biding time.

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Yet no fixes mentioned for Airport or other NAS for Time Machine. I am worried we might need to wait quite a while for them to fix it. That is, if they even fix it.

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
Wow - Applications outside of the Applications folder? I've been waiting for that since 10.0!

no longer being a slave to the applications folder is going to be a very nice change...

i'm curious if the 10.5.1 update will also be addressing all those crawly bugs that are eating away at Xcode/IB 3?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.