PDA

View Full Version : 20" Cinema Display questions

Physiognome
Sep 17, 2003, 05:13 PM
1: Does anyone know their pixel response times?

2: Do any other companies manafacture a monitor with a similar form factor?

rainman::|:|
Sep 17, 2003, 05:28 PM
1. well, according to apple, "fast". whatever that means. i'm amazed that they don't list a spec, even in the papers.

2. not that i've seen, apple's is the only integrated tripod-type AFAIK... but then i tend to discourage people from buying other displays.

pnw

iJon
Sep 17, 2003, 05:30 PM
well i had the refresh rates written down somewhere at some point in time when i was researching. but what i can tell you is that i hooked up my 20 inch display up to my pc one day to see how it would work. of course it looked like trash because thats just windows. but anyways i decided to play some fast action first person shooters and i saw no ghosting or lag going on, i was very impressed and i hook it up every now and then to play some games on it.

iJon

cc bcc
Sep 17, 2003, 05:33 PM
1. It's 40 ms, but measuring times can be different. I've seen other 40ms displays with much more dragging. The cinema display is fast enough for Quake 3, at least that's my opinion.

2. Formac makes cinema display look alikes, but I haven't seen them in person.

Physiognome
Sep 17, 2003, 07:22 PM
By form factor, I meant the size and shape (20", and actually 15:9 I seem to remember. If there are real 16:9 monitors, those are fine too.) I guess it was a confusing term to use.

It would seem unlikely that Apple has every component of the display manafactured specifically for them, but that would explain the price.