Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
A US man has injured himself in both legs after attempting to loosen a stiff wheel-nut by blasting it with his gun.

The 66-year-old man from Washington state was repairing his car outside his home when the accident took place.

Shooting at the wheel from arm's length with his 12-gauge shotgun, he was peppered with buckshot and debris.

Shame Natural Selection didn't quite claim another victim. Maybe next time.

Full Story.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
When I was little I got angry at a toy and threw it at the wall. It bounced back and hit me in the face.

I think there's a lesson there.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
You think this guy would have tried WD-40 and a longer bar to get more leverage... but what is science and practicality good for when you've got a loaded shotgun at your disposal! :rolleyes:

The article describes this incident as "an accident", but that doesn't quite do it justice does it?

Kamera RAWr

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2007
Sitting on a rig somewhere
I think that technique is in the DMV manual here in Washington state. Of course they only specify it for emergency situations. For example, having a flat on a busy 2 lane highway, as its very dangerous to stay long on the shoulder struggling to change the tire.

Retired
May 16, 2006
He's still alive?

No Darwin Award for him.

Some people in the Darwin Award books live (like the lonely guy who decided to try it on with his portable vacuum cleaner...only to find that the suction was caused by a spinning blade)

phillipjfry

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2006
Peace in Plainfield
Fits of rage produce, sometimes, humorous results. I once banged my hand changing a tire, picked up the spare tire and threw it down on the ground only to have it bounce back and hit me ever so perfectly in the nose. Tickle me embarrassed.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
While I take no pleasure in someone elses misfortunes (unless they aren't physically injured), this story made my day.

I once punched a wall out of anger. The wall didn't even take a dent, but my hand hurt like hell. That damn wall sure showed me. Needless to say, I've never messed with a wall again.

Oh, and thanks to Jon Stewart, the word 'peppered' used in this context makes me laugh. "He was lightly seasoned?"

Before clicking the link, your thinking to yourself Bet this story is about an American"

Hey, we aren't all that stupid. Just most of us. :)

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Some people in the Darwin Award books live (like the lonely guy who decided to try it on with his portable vacuum cleaner...only to find that the suction was caused by a spinning blade)

Oh ouch...

When you can't fix it, Shoot the damn thing! I like that way of thinking. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.