Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azrael2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Hi.

I have been using codewarrior for a while, but after upgrading to Leopard, I am having issues, the first being having to force quit all the time.

I am also aware that Codewarrior has been removed from production, but would still like to use it.

Does anyone know where I can find on the web the .dmg?

If not, is there a good, free c / c++ compiler I can use? And if so, what is the url?

Sincerely

sord

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2004
I still use CodeWarrior 10 too, its compiler is quite superior to GCC. At one point in time I had actually lost the dmg (backup hard drive failed...now I keep 3 backup hard drives), and after contacting Freescale, they were quick to send me the dmg. As long as you are licensed, they shouldn't have a problem.

As a side note, for CodeWarrior 10 you only need to find the evaluation version, as long as you still have your original license.

azrael2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Hi there.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who loses things <smile>

When you contacted Freescale, did you call or e-mail?

Do you have the number / url?

Oh... one other thought. I go to the url http://www.freescale.com/codewarrior.... and they have some evaluation versions for downloading. Can I get one from there? If so, which one? I am using a Mac Powerbook G4 running Leopard.

Regards, and thanks

sord

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2004
I e-mailed, and no I no longer have the address (just go to their contact us or customer service page).

If you can find the evaluation for Mac OS X for CodeWarrior 10, thats all you need - its the same as the purchased version. CodeWarrior is PowerPC only (when it comes to Mac development), so you won't have a problem there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.