PDA

View Full Version : Sandisk USB Imagemate card reader and G5?

dougmack
Sep 17, 2003, 10:12 PM
Anyone have a clue why my Sandisk USB Imagemate card reader (SDDR-75) does not show up on my desktop with my new G5 PowerMac tower (OS 10.2.7)? Sandisk says no driver is needed because it is part of the system software...but are they compatible with G5?

ibookin'
Sep 18, 2003, 11:48 PM
This wouldn't be a problem with the G5 itself, more with the OS. Do you have any other Macs you can try it on? Maybe their "no drivers required" statement applies to Windows machines only, although I don't see why it would.

FuzzyBallz
Sep 19, 2003, 03:44 AM
Have you tried putting an actual CF card in the reader ? And have you pushed the More Info button on the About this Mac window, which brings up system hardware info, and lists all the hardware specs and devices connected to said G5? Do you see Sandisk Imagemate under one of the USB port brackets?

As any Mac user would know the drive doesn't show up on the desktop unless you put something into the drive. This goes for CD/DVD-ROM, Floppy drive, Zip drive, and of course, flash card readers.

And no, you don't need to install any drivers. I use the same card reader on my Mac dual G4 MDD running Jaguar.