Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joemama2413

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
NYC
So i went to best buy and bought Battlefield 2 for 10 bucks, installed it on my boot camp partition which is 2 gb of RAM, 2.8 ghz and an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (256 mb). I installed it with the 3 cd's and it went well. Now i try to open it and i get the popup that says "Battlefield 2" and all, but then it goes to a black screen and crashes. I looked up the issue on EA's website and they said the only supported chipsets were:
ATI Radeon

X700 (PCIe), X600 (PCIe), X800 XT Platinum Edition, X800 PRO, X300 series,
9800 series, 9700 series, 9600 series, 9559 (RV350LX), 9500 series, 8500 series

NVIDIA GeForce

6600 (PCIe), PCX 5900 (PCIe)
5800 series (AGP)
6800 Ultra, 6800 GT, 6800
FX 5950 series, FX 5900 series, FX 5700 series

Is this b/c of my graphics chip or some other reason?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
It's not an issue due to the generation of graphics chip that you have. It might be the driver or related to the video freeze ups on the iMac.

TheStranger55

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2007
I had the same problem with Bioshock on my macbook pro. The problem is the video drivers that apple gives with bootcamp aren't that great. I downloaded modded Nvidia drivers from a laptop video website but since you are using an IMAC and not a notebook I don't think those drivers will help you.

joemama2413

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
NYC
anyone know where to get the drivers i need? i reinstalled the boot camp drivers from the leopard disk.

redraidermacman

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
anyone know where to get the drivers i need? i reinstalled the boot camp drivers from the leopard disk.

just download the drivers from nvidia and there are instructions in another forum for how to install them correctly, you might look for them, i installed them and bf 2 and it runs really well....so...there ya go

AppleWoW

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2007
SLC, Utah
just download the drivers from nvidia and there are instructions in another forum for how to install them correctly, you might look for them, i installed them and bf 2 and it runs really well....so...there ya go

Go to ATI and download the newest drivers there...there should be a post on it somewhere in the forums and if not ill help you out!

booksacool1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2004
Australia

Leopard still hasn't fixed it? Wow.
I had the same problem. Bootcamp (tiger) just refused to run any games on the 2600pro (2.8ghz 24"). Even 3dmark06 just crashed at run.

Basically to fix it, you need to download new 2600 drivers (which apple, for some retarded reason, doesn't provide). Get them from the ATI website (search with google). If I remember rightly, these drivers may refuse to install (incorrect hardware or something). So you need to install them manually in 'Device Manager'.

Right click on My Computer-> Properties-> Hardware Tab-> Device Manager-> Click on Display Adapters-> Right Click ATI Radeon 2600 (or whatever it says-> Select Update Drivers->
Select "Not at this time", Next, "Install from a list or specific Location", Next, "Don't Search, I will choose...", Click 'Have Disk' and locate the Drivers you've just downloaded.

Then just do the normal routine of click ok's and they should hopefully install fine.

joemama2413

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
NYC
is still isnt working with modded drivers or the manual installation. maybe i need to patch to 1.4?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.