Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
I thought I had accidentally deleted a post the first time this happened, but I quoted someone and wrote a paragraph or 2, only to have it cut off a few words in.

It's just happened for the 4th time for me, again I quoted someone and wrote out a message. This time it removed the 2nd paragraph.

I'm using the Safari Beta in XP Pro (32bit). Although it has happened once in Safari in Leopard. Only after the big server switch.

Just though I'd report it and see if anyone else had this problem.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
hm...

so you write a reply, then hit submit reply, and the actual post you made is cut off?

arn

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Yup, but only when quoting someone. and it's not all the time, just a few rare occurrences.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
I've had that too, but also in thread titles.

I've also been having problems quoting recently, on a few occasions I've attempted to quote myself, but it ends up quoting another poster in the thread if that makes sense, it's done it a few times now.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Which OS/Browser are you using? I'm wondering if it's just a Safari thing.

late edit: So it just did the same thing on another forum (not vBulletin). Must be a Safari bug. Deleting it after this edit.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Which OS/Browser are you using? I'm wondering if it's just a Safari thing.

late edit: So it just did the same thing on another forum (not vBulletin). Must be a Safari bug. Deleting it after this edit.

OS X 10.4.10, Safari 3 Beta 3.0.3 and Camino 1.5.3.

I've only noticed it on MR, but it's really not all that frequent.

I experienced it the other day on either the F1 '07 or Top Gear thread (I forget which) I went to quote myself from a previous post and it quoted a post made by someone else several posts away from my post I was quoting, which rules out an error on my part, it's done this a few times over the last week or so.

I've also noticed that I'll quote someone and the content of the post is correct, but the name of the poster quoted isn't correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.