Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrockettGTO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Hey everyone. Just wanted to pass this on. I saw the iPod Touch for sale at a Sam's Club here in Austin Texas this weekend 334.25 for the 16GB version. Not sure if it is the same at all Sam's Clubs or not but wouldn't hurt to check. The 8GB model was still 297.50 though.
cGTO

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
Hey everyone. Just wanted to pass this on. I saw the iPod Touch for sale at a Sam's Club here in Austin Texas this weekend 334.25 for the 16GB version. Not sure if it is the same at all Sam's Clubs or not but wouldn't hurt to check. The 8GB model was still 297.50 though.
cGTO

Thanks for the tip. I'm in the market for one and will be at Sam's tomorrow AM when they open. I'm betting yours was an error, but thanks for the tip. I hope you're right!

CrockettGTO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Thanks for the tip. I'm in the market for one and will be at Sam's tomorrow AM when they open. I'm betting yours was an error, but thanks for the tip. I hope you're right!

Let me know how it turns out for ya.

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
I will most likely be there this week sometime again and will snap a picture for everyone.

I believe you, I just wonder if it was mis-marked... I'll know later. That would be a great price even with sales tax of 8.25 percent. Still cheaper than Amazon (free shipping, no tax). And, it will give me somewhere to take it back to if it has initial issues.

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
My local Sams had the 8 gb for 284 and the 16 gb for 380 something. The confusing thing is they had the 160 gb hard drive ipod wedged in the middle at that 334 price.

For 17 bucks more than amazon (tax issues), I can have the ability to instantly drive it back to Sams for a replacement if there's an issue.

CrockettGTO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
My local Sams had the 8 gb for 284 and the 16 gb for 380 something. The confusing thing is they had the 160 gb hard drive ipod wedged in the middle at that 334 price.

For 17 bucks more than amazon (tax issues), I can have the ability to instantly drive it back to Sams for a replacement if there's an issue.

Hmm, I'm wondering if it wasn't the same thing here in Austin and I just didn't look close enough to notice.

iJordo

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2007
HEy

Can some one link me to the amazon deal that was stated for the iPod Touch 8G because I think i might check that out, I have looked up and down amazon and the best i can find is $294.35 thanks!

dthmtlgod

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Can some one link me to the amazon deal that was stated for the iPod Touch 8G because I think i might check that out, I have looked up and down amazon and the best i can find is $294.35 thanks!

My wife works at Walmart and we get a 10% discount on all purchases and she also gets a voucher for an additional 10% off one item in December. I am going to probably get the 16 gb model. $318.00 plus tax.

So if you know someone at WM, that is definitely one way to go.

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
Strange, none of the three WalMarts nearby me carry iPod Touches, and they said they probably won't ever. They are all large WalMarts, too. I see they carry them on their website, but I've never seen them in the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.