PDA

View Full Version : Zune rave reviews - Now 'Best mp3 player'

madofrain
Nov 14, 2007, 08:54 AM
Not my words... It's made the top hard drive based mp3 player and top overall player on CNET..

http://reviews.cnet.com/4370-6490_7-234-101.html?tag=dir

http://reviews.cnet.com/4370-6490_7-234-102.html?tag=lnav

So while the rest of the net, engadget, gizmodo,wired etc give it a luk warm review,cnet gets the red carpet out...

Err..Discuss...
;)

Warbrain
Nov 14, 2007, 09:01 AM
CNet has always been a bit of a suck up to Microsoft, so it's no surprise.

bartelby
Nov 14, 2007, 09:03 AM
The second-generation, 80GB Zune from Microsoft offers tremendous value for the money, as well as innovative features such as wireless sync, RBDS FM radio information, Wi-Fi music sharing, and subscription music support (Zune Pass).

Price: $249.00 - $1,113.07 (check prices)
Filed in: Best 5 MP3 players

It doesn't actually say it's the best MP3 player though. Oh the other link says 8.3 as opposed to the Classic's 8.0

Here's their review of the Nano:
Apple iPod Nano (third generation, 8GB, red)
The latest version of the Nano is no longer the feature-crippled cousin to the iPod. Now in its third generation, the iPod Nano delivers every feature found on the iPod Classic, only in an exceptionally smaller and thinner format. The Nano's best assets are its crisp screen, attractive interface, sturdy and lightweight design, as well as a rechargeable battery that can play music continuously for as many as 24 hours.

Price: $199.00 - $199.00 (check prices)
Filed in: Best 5 MP3 players

iTeen
Nov 14, 2007, 10:08 AM
i just saw the new zunes yesterday, they really don't look all that bad. iPod will always be the best however but the zune is probably second.:cool::rolleyes:

Warbrain
Nov 14, 2007, 10:31 AM
i just saw the new zunes yesterday, they really don't look all that bad. iPod will always be the best however but the zune is probably second.:cool::rolleyes:

There's just something about watching videos on something in which the controls will be awkwardly placed on the right side of the device that turns me off as well as the fake touchpad that is actually a physical interface. I can deal with the iPhone and the iPod touch as they look great when you turn them sideways...the Zunes don't.

Matek
Nov 14, 2007, 11:00 AM
There's just something about watching videos on something in which the controls will be awkwardly placed on the right side of the device that turns me off as well as the fake touchpad that is actually a physical interface. I can deal with the iPhone and the iPod touch as they look great when you turn them sideways...the Zunes don't.

You're not being fair here. There is a bunch of players out there that use right-side controls. Just because you're used to the way iPod behaves doesn't mean it's the only correct way to do it and everything else is awkward. If it's just your opinion, I can't argue with it, but I wouldn't say it's an objective downside.

And just what is fake about the touchpad? Perhaps you have been misinformed, but it's not just a big multi-button. It has normal touch abilities, you can just slide on it and do stuff like you would with a regular laptop touchpad and you can use certain points (up, down, left and right) as buttons. I know another interface that's actually quite similar - the click wheel.

I think Zune 80 is a very decent product, a real iPod competitor that falls short in some categories and beats it in others. Unlike the first, bulky Zune, this thing can compare with the Apple products nicely and I'm sure it will be more succesful than the first model. The only missing feature I'd like to see is mac support or atleast the ability to work as a Massive storage device.

gloss
Nov 14, 2007, 11:08 AM
PCMag and PCWorld have both declared the new 80gb Zune superior to the iPod Classic, inferior to the iPod touch. Not a bad place to be, all in all.

callmejayson
Nov 14, 2007, 11:13 AM
dumbest review ever...have these folks not heard of an ipod touch?

chameleon81
Nov 14, 2007, 11:15 AM
CNet has always been a bit of a suck up to Microsoft, so it's no surprise.
and you should be in relationship with Steve Jobs

madmaxmedia
Nov 14, 2007, 11:23 AM
dumbest review ever...have these folks not heard of an ipod touch?

OP said it was the top 'hard drive' based player. It's natural to compare the new Zune to the Classic, since they both are HD-based and have similar form factors.

The new Zune seems like a good improvement to me, not sure why people would consider it so inferior to the Classic. Both have their pro's and cons.

If the Zune was hypothetically compatible with iTunes, I would need to take a long hard look at both players if I wanted a large storage player. (Of course, I prefer my iPod Touch to either.)

stevehp
Nov 14, 2007, 11:29 AM
meh.

We all know what's best.

Much Ado
Nov 14, 2007, 11:33 AM
Think of those poor kids who will wake up on Christmas to be given a Zune...

Think of the children...

nbs2
Nov 14, 2007, 11:35 AM
There are some interesting points in the article.

I like the Wi-Fi syncing, as I normally charge my iPod in my bedroom and in the car - not at the computer. Being able to sync right before I walk out the door (if sync time is comparable to wired syncing) would be nice. I applaud that. Ripping out the EQ seems silly, especially if the reason was to compensate for battery life loss from the Wi-Fi.

Matek, you seem knowledgeable about the Zune. Can the device be flipped to either side, or do you have to rotate counter-clockwise to view videos? If the rotation is fixed, the layout is absurd and enough to call it an objective downside. The iPod allows UI usage without interfering with video. Having to use my right hand to work the controls or futz around with the machine to use the UI just doesn't work for this left-hander.

Sesshi
Nov 14, 2007, 11:37 AM
meh.

We all know what's best.

Yup.

And unfortunately, it's not available in this country yet. I would pick one up in the US but I'm not sure if the subscription works overseas.

Touch for ad hoc listening and Zune for checking out new stuff sounds like the ideal mix to me. The Zune appears to offer a more solid feature set, combined with decent syncing now - I'd like to check it out for sure.

illicium
Nov 14, 2007, 11:41 AM
"The bad: The Zune is a PC-only device that requires its own software and still does not support older WMA-DRM9 music files."

Wait a min here. Did I read this right? The Zune can't even support all of Microsoft's audio formats?? And PC-only???? I'm becoming more and more astounded at how people still think that Apple products are very incompatible with the rest of the world, but every day i see more and more proof that not only is this not true, but since iTunes for windows, boot camp and parallels, and Pages being able to open .docx formats while Office 2004 for Mac can't etc., it can be legitimately said that Macs and other Apple products are the MOST universal products out there. (minus the small fact that ipods won't support Windows Media Formats, but who uses those anyways ;))

davidjearly
Nov 14, 2007, 11:44 AM
Yup.

And unfortunately, it's not available in this country yet. I would pick one up in the US but I'm not sure if the subscription works overseas.

Touch for ad hoc listening and Zune for checking out new stuff sounds like the ideal mix to me. The Zune appears to offer a more solid feature set, combined with decent syncing now - I'd like to check it out for sure.

I think that poster was referring to the iPod as being the best. ;)

Sesshi
Nov 14, 2007, 11:46 AM
"The bad: The Zune is a PC-only device that requires its own software and still does not support older WMA-DRM9 music files."

Wait a min here. Did I read this right? The Zune can't even support all of Microsoft's audio formats?? And PC-only???? I'm becoming more and more astounded at how people still think that Apple products are very incompatible with the rest of the world, but every day i see more and more proof that not only is this not true, but it can be legitimately said that Macs and other Apple products are the MOST universal products out there. (minus the small fact that ipods won't support Windows Media Formats, but who uses those anyways ;))

It's swings and roundabouts. MS took a leaf from Apple's book and enclosed the ecosystem to make a more reliable solution. It's worked, I know that much - Lord knows how many times I've come across sync errors and related irritations on WM-DRM9 devices. I read that was the direct reason for their Apple-like approach (inadequate testing and implementation of their solution by their partners, leading to their core platform being laughed at - sound familiar?).

I think that poster was referring to the iPod as being the best. ;)

Yes, and I always like to jam a spoke into the wheel of brain-dead Apple worship. I like the iPod as much as anyone else - heck, it was a game-changing device for me coming from Minidisc - but the clear functional superiority it had is over as a music platform. It's taken way too long, but a few other players are beginning to get their heads around this business, finally.

madofrain
Nov 14, 2007, 04:25 PM
Looks like Ryan from Engadget is getting a grilling from some angry zuunies ..To the point where he's put up a post asking people to lay off the offensive language and abuse...Bad times.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/14/zune-people-we-hear-you-expect-more-coverage-soon/#comments

MS folk..Great crowd.

dukebound85
Nov 14, 2007, 04:37 PM
Think of those poor kids who will wake up on Christmas to be given a Zune...

Think of the children...

haha maybe their reaction would be like this

the excitement (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3gbDQjXBdA)

if it worked with my computer i would strongly consider it though

pilotError
Nov 14, 2007, 04:49 PM
Think we'll see a Disk based touch now?

.Andy
Nov 14, 2007, 05:02 PM
No.

dukebound85
Nov 14, 2007, 05:02 PM

no i dont think so personally

DarthTreydor
Nov 14, 2007, 05:03 PM
coming from someone who is posting this from an iPod touch, I a would unequivocally say that this is the best mp3 player ever created. I'm listening listening to the pixies and switching between surfing macrumors and watching stupid youtube videos all from a device that fits in my pocket. What could be better?

Sesshi
Nov 14, 2007, 05:29 PM
coming from someone who is posting this from an iPod touch, I a would unequivocally say that this is the best mp3 player ever created.

That's a rather diffuse statement. By the same token, someone with an N95, similar phones or UMPC's could make the same claim based on different parameters. If you're calling something the best MP3 player, then it should be the best MP3 player - not the best half-assed PDA with an innovative interface.

Sony has an actual claim in the best MP3 player stakes for example. Sound quality of their new flagship is good, the ability to tailor the sound is excellent, usability is decent and it feels - and is - better put together than anything that Apple has put out in the MP3 arena, ever.

Evangelion
Nov 15, 2007, 02:22 AM
a better review (http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/zune-redux.ars)

davidjearly
Nov 15, 2007, 04:12 AM
Yes, and I always like to jam a spoke into the wheel of brain-dead Apple worship. I like the iPod as much as anyone else - heck, it was a game-changing device for me coming from Minidisc - but the clear functional superiority it had is over as a music platform. It's taken way too long, but a few other players are beginning to get their heads around this business, finally.

You don't have to be a brain-dead Apple loyalist to see that the iPod still leads the way in portable music. Sure, MS have done great with this new version of the Zune and hopefully they'll keep trying (it's always good to have choice), but the range of iPods that exist today are still better than anything else at the same price point IMHO.

David

Sesshi
Nov 15, 2007, 04:30 AM
You don't have to be a brain-dead Apple loyalist to see that the iPod still leads the way in portable music. Sure, MS have done great with this new version of the Zune and hopefully they'll keep trying (it's always good to have choice), but the range of iPods that exist today are still better than anything else at the same price point IMHO.

David

As I obliquely pointed out, I think you didn't have to be a brain-dead Apple loyalist to see that the iPod still leads the way in portable music - until about one or two years ago.

It's the most populist choice for the higher-end MP3 player market because it's simple to use, has a recognisable look, you don't have to think about it and it does what most people want. But this is like saying a BMW 5-series is the best car on the market today. Populist does not automatically mean 'best'. For that money for example, you could buy lots of other things depending on what you want.

davidjearly
Nov 15, 2007, 07:01 AM
As I obliquely pointed out, I think you didn't have to be a brain-dead Apple loyalist to see that the iPod still leads the way in portable music - until about one or two years ago.

It's the most populist choice for the higher-end MP3 player market because it's simple to use, has a recognisable look, you don't have to think about it and it does what most people want. But this is like saying a BMW 5-series is the best car on the market today. Populist does not automatically mean 'best'. For that money for example, you could buy lots of other things depending on what you want.

I think you're getting confused. 'Still', in this regard means 'presently', i.e. today. You can't suggest that the iPod leads the way still if you mean only up until one or two years ago.

In the end it is a matter of opinion, hence 'IMHO' at the end of my last post. I do think that other manufacturers are finally catching up, but they still have a long way to go in terms of actually doing something radical - the way the iPod did a few years ago.

The new Zunes are a perfect example of an old Apple design reinvented. This does not make it a bad portable a/v player, but nor does it make it better than the current iPods.

Matek
Nov 15, 2007, 09:30 AM
Care to offer any reasons for iPod still being the unquestionable number one? I agree about the innovative interface Apple first made and stuff, but when you're buying a product, you take a look at how things are standing at that moment. It's like saying the mp3 player of the company that made the first mp3 player is somehow better because of this fact.

Currently, iPod's advantages are slightly smaller dimensions (couple milimeters here and there) and a slightly better battery life (both ipod and zune have 30h declared, but ipod gets more than that and the zune gets less). Another arguable advantage is the whole iTunes experience, but apart from that I don't see any major things.

Zune, on the other hand, has a much bigger screen & wireless syncing and song sharing capabilities.

Other things are very similar on both sides (good earphones, capacity, touch controls, ...) which IMHO makes them pretty equal, wouldn't you say? What is that special thing on the iPod that makes it the undisputable leader of the market?

Eraserhead
Nov 15, 2007, 10:35 AM

When the 3G iPod was out you could claim that some of the Creative players were better, I know many people who got 30GB Creatives for 150, and to be honest they had more features than the iPod and were fairly small, and the software, while not quite as good as Apple's wasn't too bad, especially for the price.

The new Zune looks OK, it has the advantage that it supports FM Radio out the box (I personally don't care, but...) and supports subscription music (again if you care), but has less accessories, is less cool, and MS are more likely to stop your device being supported in the future (they killed Plays4Sure). But it has no EQ, which is a nice feature of the iPod.

Of course the iPod Touch is a really nice MP3 Player, and come February it'll hopefully be a nice PDA too ;). The Zune (80GB) is only really better if you have a large music library and are attached to carrying round more than a subset.

The other features are mostly even more irrelevant. The WiFi syncing is only good if you have your music stored on a central server which is fairly inaccessible which is only an issue to a tiny minority of users.

However if you do have a central media server assuming the Zune has a decent UI.

killerrobot
Nov 15, 2007, 11:16 AM

I've got some bad news for you - Intel based Macs ARE -wait for it - PC's and you CAN run Windows on it. Uh-oh, looks like the new Zune can be used with Macs. Maybe Apple needs to back up on their advertising that the new Macs are like owning two computers otherwise more people might by the Zune.:eek:

Yeah, that is messed up about older WMV formats not being supported though, but as you said, who uses that anyways.

it can be legitimately said that Macs and other Apple products are the MOST universal products out there. (minus the small fact that ipods won't support Windows Media Formats, but who uses those anyways ;))
And minus the fact that you can only install it's OS on an Apple marked machine...:rolleyes:

The new Zune looks good and definitely is a huge improvement over the first gen. I'd consider buying it once my ipod dies - maybe by then they will have an all new one that has no cons - such as not being able to sync on the go.

Matek
Nov 15, 2007, 12:40 PM
I've got some bad news for you - Intel based Macs ARE -wait for it - PC's and you CAN run Windows on it. Uh-oh, looks like the new Zune can be used with Macs. Maybe Apple needs to back up on their advertising that the new Macs are like owning two computers otherwise more people might by the Zune.

Err, killerrobot, I have to disagree. Although I have been defending the Zune in this topic, I think you're wrong. Mac support actually means Mac OS X support. The option to boot into Windows may be useful to do some specific tasks, but syncing your Zune isn't one of them. Listening to music, sorting it out, buying new stuff, burning CDs and similar things are all stuff you should do from your primary OS. You listen to music while you do work/school assignments, while you surf the web, etc, so your library has to be accessible most of the time, which means you have to use OS X software to manage it. If you are an OS X user, you can't afford to boot into windows every time you want to sync your library. That's supposed to be a quick process, a matter of plugging your player in and perhaps clicking a couple of times.

And minus the fact that you can only install it's OS on an Apple marked machine...
That's a part of the package. OS X isn't magic, it's as good as it is because it is made for a limited number of machines. If it worked on every PC out there, like Windows do, it would face similar security/stability problems.

GSMiller
Nov 15, 2007, 12:46 PM
meh.

We all know what's best.

Exactly.

Wait a min here. Did I read this right? The Zune can't even support all of Microsoft's audio formats?? And PC-only???? I'm becoming more and more astounded at how people still think that Apple products are very incompatible with the rest of the world, but every day i see more and more proof that not only is this not true, but since iTunes for windows, boot camp and parallels, and Pages being able to open .docx formats while Office 2004 for Mac can't etc., it can be legitimately said that Macs and other Apple products are the MOST universal products out there. (minus the small fact that ipods won't support Windows Media Formats, but who uses those anyways ;))

Yea you read it right, and how a PC only device which doesn't even support all Windows Media files got a better review than the classic is beyond me. Oh Apple has been ripped a new one for years because the only pay service the iPod works with is iTunes, while the fact that songs bought 4 seconds or 4 years ago will work with the iPod gets no praise.

Lord Blackadder
Nov 15, 2007, 12:55 PM
I think the iPod Classic is still a viable competitor for the Zune...it supports MP3 and AAC, for starters. And it's compatible with both PC and Macs. With that said, the Zune has improved.

The iPod Touch, on the other hand, is superior IMO. 8-16GB is currently enough to hold most people's entire libraries, so the extra space isn't as critical as some believe.

Consultant
Nov 15, 2007, 01:20 PM

Actually iPod DOES support Windows Media Formats through iTunes (iTunes can translate unprotected WMF files into formats iPod can play).

=)

Eraserhead
Nov 15, 2007, 01:43 PM
Actually iPod DOES support Windows Media Formats through iTunes (iTunes can translate unprotected WMF files into formats iPod can play).

=)

Only on Windows, and they sound like ****.

killerrobot
Nov 15, 2007, 02:43 PM
Err, killerrobot, I have to disagree. Although I have been defending the Zune in this topic, I think you're wrong. Mac support actually means Mac OS X support. The option to boot into Windows may be useful to do some specific tasks, but syncing your Zune isn't one of them. Listening to music, sorting it out, buying new stuff, burning CDs and similar things are all stuff you should do from your primary OS. You listen to music while you do work/school assignments, while you surf the web, etc, so your library has to be accessible most of the time, which means you have to use OS X software to manage it. If you are an OS X user, you can't afford to boot into windows every time you want to sync your library. That's supposed to be a quick process, a matter of plugging your player in and perhaps clicking a couple of times.

Sorry for playing too much of a devil's advocate. I do know it means OSX support but with so many people also running windows on their machine, you have to ask yourself which one is the primary OS? I personally wouldn't have a problem just syncing up my Zune every once in a while on my Mac through Windows...now if installing Windows could just get somehow as easy and cheap as installing iTunes (yeah, I know that's highly likely);)

gloss
Nov 15, 2007, 02:57 PM
Just throwing this into the mix, but you guys do realize that the Zune can play unprotected AAC tracks without any problems whatsoever, correct?

Loge
Nov 15, 2007, 03:49 PM
Zune still won't do gapless playback, which OK took Apple long enough, but I would not want to go back to a player which did not do this. Does it have disk mode?

butterfly0fdoom
Nov 15, 2007, 03:52 PM
I don't see what's the fuss over syncing over Wi-Fi. It takes about 10 seconds to transfer a song over Wi-Fi. It takes, what, one second over a wired connection? Plug in a wire, sync really fast, unplug, and leave with a slight increase in battery charge, or turn on Wi-Fi, get the computer and the Zune to connect, wait for songs to sync, and then leave with the battery charged reduced quite a bit? I'll take the former, thanks. Have we become so lazy that we can't plug/unplug a cable to sync our DAPs (at a faster speed, nontheless). Useless Wi-Fi features aside, does the Zune offer anything major that the iPod doesn't? Not really. An the iPod has better battery life. I really don't see how the Zune is superior.

That said, AAC actually isn't proprietary like the way WMA is. It's just that Apple choose to adopt AAC for iTunes instead of MP3s, and the prominence of iTunes made AAC associated with Apple as opposed to the actual original developers of the format.

Shoesy
Nov 15, 2007, 03:53 PM
I used to quite like my Sony Walkman (in the 80's)- you knew where you were with a Walkman.

You could pretend you knew stuff about science and recording techniques by switching the 'chrome' function on, or activating 'Dolby NR'.
You could wow your mates by having it 'auto-search' the next track (fast forward).
You could put any tape you liked inside it, it usually didn't eat them.
You could get a large collection of them together and actually arrange them into a small house.

Mine broke eventually, so I bought a smaller Panasonic version.

Nobody hated me for it. :apple:

Matek
Nov 16, 2007, 02:15 AM
I don't see what's the fuss over syncing over Wi-Fi. It takes about 10 seconds to transfer a song over Wi-Fi. It takes, what, one second over a wired connection? Plug in a wire, sync really fast, unplug, and leave with a slight increase in battery charge, or turn on Wi-Fi, get the computer and the Zune to connect, wait for songs to sync, and then leave with the battery charged reduced quite a bit? I'll take the former, thanks. Have we become so lazy that we can't plug/unplug a cable to sync our DAPs (at a faster speed, nontheless). Useless Wi-Fi features aside, does the Zune offer anything major that the iPod doesn't? Not really. An the iPod has better battery life. I really don't see how the Zune is superior.

I have a new 500 GB external 3.5" drive. On USB, can reach transfer speeds up to 25 MB/s. So lets say the tiny drive in the iPod/Zune can achieve about 15 MB/s. Zune supports the 54 Mbps Wi-Fi g standard, which has the max theoretical throughput of 6.75 MB/s, but lets lower that down to 5 MB/s (you can never reach the theoretical max values). That leaves the WiFi sync 3x slower, but still decently fast. I don't know where you got 10 seconds per song, because 5 MB/s is less than one second per song. So if you add a new album, the syncing time would be something like 20 s (wireless) vs 7 s (wired). I'd say both are very acceptable.

Regardles of the above, I don't like your if-the-competitor-has-a-feature-its-useless attitude. What you wrote here is something like saying that a laptop with wireless network support is no better than one without it. The transfer rates are miserable compared to gigabit ethernet and it also drains more battery. Have we become so lazy we can't plug a cable into our machine if we want to connect to the network? :p

I hope you see my point - nowadays it's all about convenience. The lower transfer speed and decreased battery life are both an acceptable tradeoff for being able to sync your DAP anywhere in the house.

Noone is saying that the Zune is far superior to the iPod, but I do think it's fair to consider it a valid competitor, it's not inferior either. Other pretty big features of Zune you are asking about could be a much bigger screen, an FM tuner and in-ear headphones.

TallChap
Nov 16, 2007, 04:42 AM
Zune, on the other hand, has a much bigger screen

I assume your not comparing the iPod Nano to the Zune flash based player?

Matek
Nov 16, 2007, 09:02 AM
No, I'm comparing the Zune 80 and the iPod classic (3.2 inch vs 2.5 inch screen). You were probably trying to point out that the Nano has a bigger screen than the Zune 4/Zune 8.

That's true, of course, but pretty irrelevant IMHO. I'd say screen size isn't that important in this class. The nano is, after all, much smaller and as such not intended for heavy video playback (its capacity proves that). And the difference is only 0.2".

princealfie
Nov 16, 2007, 11:00 AM
I really dig the new Zune design assuming that I can find one in the wild.

Phobophobia
Nov 16, 2007, 11:53 AM
It's the most populist choice for the higher-end MP3 player market because it's simple to use, has a recognisable look, you don't have to think about it and it does what most people want. But this is like saying a BMW 5-series is the best car on the market today.

I really have no idea what you are trying to argue.

Project
Nov 16, 2007, 12:45 PM
Wifi web access > wifi syncing

killerrobot
Nov 16, 2007, 12:48 PM
Wifi web access > wifi syncing

That's pretty subjective and depends on what you do with your player.
Here's a more objective analysis for you:

wifi web access > no wifi web access
no wifi syncing < wifi syncing

GSMiller
Nov 16, 2007, 01:04 PM
I myself have never used a Zune, but the single person I know that has one likes it, even more so than her iPod, however she also uses a Dell :p

I think the fact that users of the original Zune get the new firmware upgrade, does Apple do this? I dunno as I don't upgrade my iPod's software, but I'd love to have the same firmware on my 5G as is on the Classic.

LethalWolfe
Nov 16, 2007, 01:21 PM
MS folk..Great crowd.

Yeah, 'cause apple fan boys have never lit up someone for giving an Apple product a negative review.:rolleyes:

Lethal

Project
Nov 16, 2007, 01:28 PM
That's pretty subjective and depends on what you do with your player.
Here's a more objective analysis for you:

wifi web access > no wifi web access
no wifi syncing < wifi syncing

Of course its objective. Its my opinion.

killerrobot
Nov 16, 2007, 01:35 PM
Of course its objective. Its my opinion.

You mean subjective, right?:confused:

princealfie
Nov 16, 2007, 02:13 PM

yep... I really like those new zunes a lot.

Project
Nov 16, 2007, 02:33 PM

T'was a joke.

princealfie
Nov 18, 2007, 06:27 AM
Swinging swords like there was no tomorrow...

Scarlet Fever
Nov 18, 2007, 06:55 AM
why do we care what other people think of the zune? If they are going to get one, they probably weren't going to buy an iPod in the first place. If it's decent, it'll sell, and Apple will have to pull finger and do something to their current lineup to make them better.

We're not going to be buying them, and we're probably not going to convince others not to buy them. So it all breaks even in the end.