Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

esaleris

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
I am in a CBS Sportsline Fantasy Football league. Every Tuesday morning at 9:00am, the rosters are unlocked and you can add and drop players from your team. However, I am never able to add/drop players fast enough - there's this old geezer that always beats me!

Is Applescript robust enough to:
  • go into a certain box in a window
  • select a certain player by name
  • hop to another box
  • select a certain player by name in this other box
  • finish the transaction by pression "OK."

Monkaaay

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2006
Richmond, VA
Ask Google about "waivers" with fantasy football and you'll find the answer. This isn't something you need programming assistance for.

esaleris

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
Ask Google about "waivers" with fantasy football and you'll find the answer. This isn't something you need programming assistance for.
We don't use waiver wire features. It's an open hunt on Tuesday morning at precisely 9:00am and first-come-first-served. Whoever gets their hands fast enough to click "OK" and submit their request first gets the player. I can't seem to put in my add/drop submission before the other guy, so I thought one solution might be to script the browser.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
Just a shot in the dark,

You might try Quickeys.

And if you are 10.5 I read the the Automator app can be scripted much better now. including buttons etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.