Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CactusChef

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I am planning on getting an 8gb iPod Touch and am going to jailbreak it. I have about 5.5gb of songs, and probably wouldn't use it much for movies. I would like to fit all my songs on there though. I read somewhere that the 8gb has close to 7.2gb out of the box.

How big is the jailbreak? I would probably consider getting a 16gb if I can't fit all my songs on the 8gb after the jailbreak. It would probably give me some room to have a few shows on there too.

So how much room would I have left with 5.5gb of music after the jailbreak with the 8gb?

Would it be better to pay the extra $100 and opt for the 16gb?

xXriderXx7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Lake Elsinore, California
Well, the jailbreak it self doesn't take up space, its mostly the applications you install via installer. And the only viable way to use a large amount of space, is to install a lot of the dictionaries, and other large apps. Still, I suggest the 16 gig. For 100 dollars more, its well worth it, its kind of insurance if you ever decide to expand your iTunes library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.