Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dxp4acu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
Texas
As the year is running out on those of us who got .Mac last Sept./Oct., Apple has informed us that our credit cards will be billed Oct. 15 for $100.

I have been using this service for the last year, and my wife and I were wondering what others thought of it, and if we should continue our subscription. It has been good to post my pictures on (see signature. cheap plug! :)) as well as an email account. It has been very good, not necessarily great.

Any thoughts?

manzanita

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2003
CA
It would be a lot cheaper to get your own domain and have it hosted on a cheap web host - that's what I did when Apple started charging. You wouldn't have the nice upload features, photo galleries, etc., but you would have a lot more control, have multiple email addresses, 10x as much space at least, run PHP/MySQL if that's your bill ... for half as much as you're paying Apple for *one* email address. I have a web host who I really like -- I'm not sure if I'm allowed to advertise their name here, but PM me if you want to know.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
yeah or get a domain for the website stuff and the email....i like that much better because you have less integration and more control

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.