PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Freepulse & Touch - BlueTooth Question

mrhockey123
Nov 14, 2007, 10:53 PM
I picked up the BT headphones about a week ago, they worked fine in my house (was able to leave the Touch on my table in the center of the house and go to the basement and still hear.

However, today I took the Touch and Freepulse out on my trip to school which is down town. When I got to the bus stop (which is close to a shopping center which has wifi and possibly some satellite signals) the headphones started cutting out and losing their connection (blue went to red)

When I got to the mall, things calmed down. Then wen I got to down town, things got worse again. I'm not sure whether this has to do with interference from other stuff, or whether the connection between the adapter and the Touch is not solid.

The material on Logitech's site says you should use the G5 30GB adapter but that doesn't connect to the iPod properly. I've been using the Nano adapter which fits, and as I said, music does play when I'm at home (possibly because I'm not moving the iPod/adapter around).

Anyone having similar problems? or is it a well documented fact that BT doesn't work well when there are lots of other signals etc around?
It's so nice to have wireless headphones - I just wish they worked well everywhere

Diwata
Nov 15, 2007, 03:43 AM
I picked up the BT headphones about a week ago, they worked fine in my house (was able to leave the Touch on my table in the center of the house and go to the basement and still hear.

However, today I took the Touch and Freepulse out on my trip to school which is down town. When I got to the bus stop (which is close to a shopping center which has wifi and possibly some satellite signals) the headphones started cutting out and losing their connection (blue went to red)

When I got to the mall, things calmed down. Then wen I got to down town, things got worse again. I'm not sure whether this has to do with interference from other stuff, or whether the connection between the adapter and the Touch is not solid.

The material on Logitech's site says you should use the G5 30GB adapter but that doesn't connect to the iPod properly. I've been using the Nano adapter which fits, and as I said, music does play when I'm at home (possibly because I'm not moving the iPod/adapter around).

Anyone having similar problems? or is it a well documented fact that BT doesn't work well when there are lots of other signals etc around?
It's so nice to have wireless headphones - I just wish they worked well everywhere

it's cool that you can use bluetooth in your Ipod Touch... my question:
how do you go about using your bluetooth in your Ipod Touch? Did u jailbreak it? I have a bluetooth dongle and headset, can I use this in my Ipod Touch as well?
P.S. I haven't tried jailreaking my Ipod Touch...I am too afraid to brick it!