Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samuraikiss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Washington, DC
I just installed Windows XP Professional, with Service Pack 2, on a 5gb partition formatted in FAT32 of my MacBook's hard drive. Ten minutes into using XP, it crashed. But that's a different story.

On my Mac OSX partition, the name of the Windows partition is stuck in all capital letters. I click command+I and change the name, but when I close the window, it reverts back. Where in the Windows partition can I change the name so that it appears as "Daemon", not "DAEMON"? I was also wondering if there was some way I could change the Windows' icon and name that appear when you boot up and hold down the option key.

Thank you! (Sorry that my problems are rather silly, but both have started to annoy me. I searched the forums, but couldn't find any answers.)

NAG

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2003
/usr/local/apps/nag
Yeah, it is one of those things about being formated FAT32 (along with the smaller file size limit). Of course the alternative is not being able to read the drive at all from OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.