Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhdave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2001
NJ
Sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere but I haven't seen it. Did anyone else notice that apple really cut the price of the G4 machines? The last time I checked it was $3299 for a dual 1.25. Now you can get one for $1599. My eyes popped out of my head. After minimal begging and pleading with my soon-to-be-wife I had one on order.

I soon had second thoughts however and now have a dual 2.0 G5 on the way. [brag](Woohoo!!!! Radeon 9800 baby!)[/brag] But I still think the dual G4 is (now) a great deal.

-dh

Now I won't be able to sleep for the next 3 weeks.

manzanita

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2003
CA
Damn, if you had to beg and plead with your fiance for the dual 1.25 ... I can only imagine what you had to do to get the dual 2.0 G5!

But, heh, I'm in the same boat with my husband...

dhdave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2001
NJ
Really?? That's not what I've been seeing. It's been $3299 for a while. I thought it was an inflated price so that people won't order them. I priced a single 1.25 at about $1700 on this past Tuesday evening. At one point you couldn't select dual processors on anything other than the highest one, and then a few weeks later you could and then that option was gone again. (I've been on the fence for a while) So unless I have a major caching problem....

dh

dhdave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2001
NJ
Originally posted by manzanita
Damn, if you had to beg and plead with your fiance for the dual 1.25 ... I can only imagine what you had to do to get the dual 2.0 G5!

But, heh, I'm in the same boat with my husband...

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how payment will be rendered, but it would be worth it without the G5 :) Seriously though, it just sort of snow balled, first we compared it to the G5 1.6 and then next thing ya know we were looking at the 2.0....

dh

manzanita

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2003
CA
Originally posted by dhdave
Really?? That's not what I've been seeing. It's been $3299 for a while.
(snip)

You're both right actually. If you removed all the extras from the Dual 1.25 (which was priced at about $2500 if I recall correctly), then it was around $1600. But they have restructured the three models this week - maybe today even. They're now offering two lower-end models with duals, but I don't think they've actually changed the prices at all.

Enjoy your G5 ... and everything that goes along with it... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.