PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook Shipping Dates & Customs..

KBFinFan
Sep 18, 2003, 11:37 PM
My new 15" PB is scheduled to ship on/before 9/23. Does this 99.9% mean it will ship on the 23rd, with the on/before just added to get your hopes up?

Also, as I understand they are shipped from overseas is there usually a hold up in customs or what not?

I got the expedited 2-3 shipping so I am REALLY hoping to get it by next weekend but now I'm getting pessimistic... stupid one DIMM causing this wait..

Thanks guys

Macnasien
Sep 19, 2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by KBFinFan
My new 15" PB is scheduled to ship on/before 9/23. Does this 99.9% mean it will ship on the 23rd, with the on/before just added to get your hopes up?

Also, as I understand they are shipped from overseas is there usually a hold up in customs or what not?

I got the expedited 2-3 shipping so I am REALLY hoping to get it by next weekend but now I'm getting pessimistic... stupid one DIMM causing this wait..

Thanks guys

I think it would be better to order the one with two dimms and buy one ore two 512 MB Dimms on my own. would be much cheaper and you can take Dimms with CL2. :D .

Bear
Sep 19, 2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Macnasien
I think it would be better to order the one with two dimms and buy one ore two 512 MB Dimms on my own. would be much cheaper and you can take Dimms with CL2. :D .
Actually getting the one DIMM 512MB and buying a thrd party 512MB DIMM is less expensive than replacig both DIMMs with third party memory.

And it's good to have a stick of Apple memory around for warrenty issues.

Bear
Sep 19, 2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by KBFinFan

Thanks guys
IIt's likely to ship by that date. I don't realy see it shipping early, it depends on how many orders they got.

Apple stuff is usually not held up by US Customs. And if they ship the unit from overseas, it's 2 to 3 (business) days from the day that it ships.

KBFinFan
Sep 19, 2003, 08:39 AM
Ya, the one DIMM is going to save me money as I won't just be 'throwing away 256MB modules.'

Thanks for the advice, I am just so anxious to recieve it. Maybe I'll make a trip to the Apple store to play with one... or should I just save the fun? :D