Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cave Man

macrumors 604
Original poster
Be careful if you're thinking about doing the 10.5.1 update. It broke the connection to our Apple TV because we have all our movies on our AEBSn network drive. The 10.5.1 update is causing all kinds of problems with connections between macs on a network and seeing Airport disks. We're keeping our other 3 macs on 10.5 until this issue is resolved by Apple.

cohibadad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2007
Can your mac still see/access the AEBS drive? ITunes see it? Have you reset your :apple:TV? Just curious in case I notice any trouble with my :apple:TVs.

Cave Man

macrumors 604
Original poster
Can your mac still see/access the AEBS drive? ITunes see it? Have you reset your :apple:TV? Just curious in case I notice any trouble with my :apple:TVs.

Nope, it's the 10.5.1 update. My other Macs (all 10.5) see the Airport disk and the ATV sees the iTunes on those macs as well. It's just the one with 10.5.1 that is blinded to the network - and it's my syncing machine, no less. On the 10.5.1 machine SHARED, all of them show up, but when you click on one it never mounts or loads (or whatever we call it in 10.5).

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
My Apple TV is seen fine in iTunes. I can also mount my Air disk by cmd-k afp://ip.of.router.

Once I do that it shows back up under shared in the finder.

Jestered

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Austin, Texas
My AEBSn shows up under SHARED. It's just that when I click on the AEBSn it says "Connecting" and goes no further. Using afp did not change this.

I have the same setup and all my itunes music and videos are stored on the air disk. I had some problems with 10.5 dropping the drive. I did not have those problems in 10.4. The only way I could get it back is by restarting the base station. Then it would let me connect to it again, but it would drop it once or twice per day. Since upgrading to 10.5.1 I have not lost the drive once. That does not mean it has been fixed, but it is behaving much better for me since the upgrade.

Have you tried simply restarting the base?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.