Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trooperof3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
So I was wanting to hold off and get the Iphone next year when my verizon plan is up. but then everyone is on verizon here in MI. So i was wondering should I just get a Ipod Touch for Xmas?

my first ? is space. does it seem the 8gb is used up fast?

2nd? the webapps they only work when your online right? So only apps when i'm on a open wireless network.? So I can't play.. Hangman in my car.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
1) No, I've got a 8GB iPod Touch and its fine for space
2) Jailbreak it! Get loads of more useful apps and not have to be connected to a WiFi network.

twstdnightmare

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2007
if your planning on using an iphone with verizon wireless then think again. apple originally wanted verizon to carry the iphone, but verizon told them they wouldnt support it unless they could put vcast on it. and being that apple isnt gonna let them put vcast on it, it wont be fully supported by verizon anytime soon.

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
if tmobile had iPhone I'd probably own one. I don't know how long att hasexclusivity. So I'll enjoy the touch now. Besides my blackberry is darn near flawless.

mrweirdo

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2005
I too was thinking about getting an ipod touch for christmas but I have decided to wait. I have a good feeling we will either be seeing apple pull an iphone like price decrease or more likely increase the built in memory at macworld in jan. I'm hoping for a 16GB touch for $299 :D

Btw I hear from people who already have it say that 8gb goes fast with added aps/and videos. So thats anouther reason to wait as frankly I believe the 16gb $400 is a bit overpriced.

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
I too was thinking about getting an ipod touch for christmas but I have decided to wait. I have a good feeling we will either be seeing apple pull an iphone like price decrease or more likely increase the built in memory at macworld in jan. I'm hoping for a 16GB touch for $299 :D

Btw I hear from people who already have it say that 8gb goes fast with added aps/and videos. So thats anouther reason to wait as frankly I believe the 16gb $400 is a bit overpriced.

Vote with your wallet! I wish I knew solid sales numbers for the touch. I'm almost thinking of returning the 16 and then repurchasing it in January if no news is announced.

But, it seems a 32 gb version is unlikely, but a price drop might not be out of question.

aft

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Vote with your wallet! I wish I knew solid sales numbers for the touch. I'm almost thinking of returning the 16 and then repurchasing it in January if no news is announced.

But, it seems a 32 gb version is unlikely, but a price drop might not be out of question.

I don't think the price will come down in jan. In the past they really haven't lowered prices until the higher capacities come put. Plus apple doesn't want a repeat of the iPhone pricing fiasco.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.