PDA

View Full Version : Why not keep original screen protection?

dmaxdmax
Nov 16, 2007, 12:33 PM
I've been a happy owner for a few days and figured I should keep the screen protection on until I had something to replace it with. Now I wonder why I should replace it at all. It seems clear and my finger motions work fine. Are "real" films smoother and/or more transparent? Do they offer greater protection?

Thanks.

PMB
Nov 16, 2007, 01:12 PM
it scratches easly and it makes it hads to press down the home button, i persomaly kept mine, untill i can get a touch spific screen protector

Reimer
Nov 16, 2007, 01:20 PM
I left mine on for the first couple of weeks but I just took it off recently and yeah, it's so much easier to use the home button now.

Of course, the problem is the screen gets dirty easily now.

phytonix
Nov 16, 2007, 01:24 PM
I did not use any screen protection and my screen is 100% intact.

TheSpaz
Nov 16, 2007, 01:41 PM
You don't need screen protectors on the iPod... the glass is extremely scratch resistant... It's not like the previous plastic iPods... these screens are tough!

RodThePlod
Nov 16, 2007, 02:59 PM
You don't need screen protectors on the iPod... the glass is extremely scratch resistant... It's not like the previous plastic iPods... these screens are tough!

Your mileage may vary here. While the screen is scratch resistant this doesn't mean that it can't be scratched! If you want to keep your touch in pristine condition the protector that came with it isn't your best bet. Invest in a proper skin or shield. They're relatively inexpensive and are pretty much invisible when applied properly.

Cheers,

Rod