PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Kensington Studio Mouse?

Fender2112
Sep 19, 2003, 11:04 AM
I'm thinking about trading in my track ball for a mouse. The Kensington Studio Mouse has 3 buttons and a scroll "scenser".

It has a nice feel and I 'm thinking about trying one. If any of you folks use one, can you give me some feedback?

Thanks.

Bear
Sep 19, 2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Fender2112
It has a nice feel and I 'm thinking about trying one. If any of you folks use one, can you give me some feedback? To me, it felt like the scroll sensor was too wide. Made the mouse feel unnatural in my hand. I wound up gong with a Logitech MX300 mouse. Nice feel. IMO.

depakote
Sep 19, 2003, 11:47 AM
I own a kensington wireless studio mouse and like it very much. It also looks very nice with a Mac.

Peyote
Sep 19, 2003, 11:52 AM
I use one and I've been pretty happy with it. The scroll sensor doesn't work as well as a scroll wheel, but it looks very nice. I've never had any problems with the mouse. It's fairly ergonomic, but not as much as some of the Logitechs out there. But it's not uncomfortable. The extra button on top works great as a command-q button. Also, the Kensington is pretty light, especially compared to the chunky apple mouse, but it's still plenty big enough to be used easily.

Dale Sorel
Sep 19, 2003, 12:36 PM
Add me to the list of folks with a StudioMouse. I think it works great, and matches my iMac perfectly :)

p.s. I use the middle button to switch windows.

morlium
Sep 19, 2003, 01:23 PM
i've owned four different Kensington mice (inc. the Studio) and I would recommend them to anyone.

to put to mildly, they know mice.

LFrascogna
Sep 19, 2003, 01:29 PM
Love the Studio Mouse. For graphics, I can't live without that middle button set at control-z (undo). I had a friend that has had a lot of trouble with the batteries in the wireless one, but he did get it as soon as it came out. The scroll isnt that great, but i like it bettter than the scroller wheel just because it isnt that much physical exertion for the hands.

szark
Sep 19, 2003, 03:22 PM
I love mine. It took me a while to get used to the scroll pad -- I mostly use it as a set of scroll "buttons," since you can hold or tap the top and bottom of the pad to scroll in that direction.

dhdave
Sep 19, 2003, 07:26 PM
I too use the studio mouse and I love it. The scroll pad takes some getting used but it works great.

dh

Fender2112
Sep 19, 2003, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the input. I may give it a try when my G5 arrives. I've used a Kensington Turbo Mouse (trackball) for quite a few years and currently use a Kensington Expert Mouse. That's the black one with the scroll ring. I really like the tracking of the big trackball.

After using a trackball for so long, I thought I might try a mouse. I don't really care for the Apple mouse. The tracking leaves a bit to be disired. If the Studio Mouse tracks as well as the Expert Mouse, I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

Thanks for feedback.