Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Okay, just a quickie that's got me stumped (admittedly that's not a hard thing to do)... I just got the new GooGooDolls CD, Gutterflower, and amazingly it has a Mac version of it's "bonus content"... The application was made by Macromedia Director, and it's got an OS X icon (big and photo quality) but it opens in Classic, and then won't really do anything. Certainly not launch the URL it's supposed to. I'm thinking it's a fat program, for classic and X, so how do I run it in X? Tried adding .app to it's name, which did nothing, that's about as far as my X technical expertise goes... also re-downloaded Flash6 for X, same results...

admittedly it's not a big deal, but they went to the trouble of adding mac support, so i want to get it to work :)

thanks all
:)
pnw

gerror

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
As far as I know, there isn't a X version of Director. About not able to run it on OS 9, I dunno. That should work. I made a cd with Director at school and it runs on any Mac under Classic.

Gerror

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by gerror
As far as I know, there isn't a X version of Director. About not able to run it on OS 9, I dunno. That should work. I made a cd with Director at school and it runs on any Mac under Classic.

Gerror

no your right it only works in classic
I have the CD :mad:
but just boot in classic

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by mac15

no your right it only works in classic
I have the CD :mad:
but just boot in classic

hmm odd that it has the X icon... they must be in the middle of switching formats...

Think the reason it won't launch the URL is because I've stripped classic down to nothing, and i doubt there's a web browser over there... I'll install IE off the CD quick, and see if that works...

thanks much for the help :)
pnw

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
As somebody who uses Director alot, I really can't wait for Macromedia to release the OSX version, and hopefully it'll allow you to specify what OS's your work will run on....

I presume that because Director is used for CD-ROM, Enhanced CD-ROM and DVD-ROM applications that it's taken Macromedia time to develop it to be able to make Applications that run on OSX and OS 9 etc etc......

Abit naughty that it had an OSX logo on it though!! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.