Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeusOmnis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I was on the iTMS a few times and I noticed 2 things when looking for music.

1 - not all albums are $9.99, look at the coldplay cd's. They charge you an equivalent of 99 cents per song (over about 12 songs).

2 - you cant buy all songs individually.... this is acutally a bigger point. Check out Cold's new album "Year of the Spider". Price is listed as "Album Only". As an interesting note, that Album is listed as $9.99 w/ 12 songs on it.

Apple is MORE consistent than many other places, but it's still not cool to have changing schemes like that.

ebow

macrumors 6502a
Don't forget the "partial albums" that are one song shy of being complete. I get the feeling that they do this on purpose--that by not listing a complete album the listening is forced to buy each individually for a higher price in the end. It's quite annoying...

DeusOmnis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
That too, i was going to buy the 8stops7 album... but nown i'm not going to because it's a partial album (i forgot about that). screw them if they want to be stupid about it.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
i've run into those annoying exceptions as well, but i'm 99% sure that's the doing of the record companies and not apple.

so if you opt to complain to someone, make it the record execs. and the RIAA for good measure. :)

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
The partial albums are quite often deliberate. Many times, the most popular song is left off. Not that I listen to this type of music, but I have noticed on Jessica Simpson's newest album, her quite popular single is the only song off the album, making it only partial.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Re: iTMS isnt quite perfect....

Not only that, but...

Originally posted by As The Apple Turns

If you try to purchase Mario Lanza Sings Christmas Carols, Andy Griffith: Just As I Am-- 30 Favorite Old Time Hymns, and Mobstability by Twista & The Speedknot Mobstaz all within the same 90-minute period, your Mac will actually punch you in the face. It is currently not known whether this is a bug or a feature.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Re: Re: iTMS isnt quite perfect....

Originally posted by solvs
Not only that, but...
Not only that, but...

Originally posted by As The Apple Turns

If you try to purchase Mario Lanza Sings Christmas Carols, Andy Griffith: Just As I Am-- 30 Favorite Old Time Hymns, and Mobstability by Twista & The Speedknot Mobstaz all within the same 90-minute period, your Mac will actually punch you in the face. It is currently not known whether this is a bug or a feature

OH GOD! that's just hilarious...

thank you for the laugh!

beefstu01

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2002
CA
I need to find the link, but Apple slapped an "Explicit" label on Handel's "Messiah"

Quite hilarious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.