Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gbpacker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007

Warning: Newbie coming through! :eek:

I am interested in purchasing software for web design. Would any of you please advise which software, if any, will allow me to use my own buttons (image .gifs) and create either CSS or Javascript "hover drop down menus"? (Or is that even possible? Can images be incorporated in this way?) I'm trying to avoid the hideous Javascript "select boxes". I'd like maintain the overall look of my page, using my own buttons that I create in TypeStyler, but when the mouse hovers over the buttons, I'd like a drop down menu to appear. (Have I said that enough?) :confused:

I've stared at various CSS scripts and Javascripts on the Internet until I'm starting to see spots but nothing is taking root in my brain. It's just one big shrug-fest. So yes, I'm looking for some sort of drag and drop that will actually do the work for me.

Hey, I'm a musician, not a web designer. We're not supposed to actually "know stuff". :rolleyes:

Malfoy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Dreamweaver is probably as close to drag and drop as you can get. through some menus itll let you set up roll overs and whatnot. not sure about drop downs though.

MegaMan1311

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
USA
Sorry, but from Dreamweaver, you won't get what you want and I know of no easier program than Dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver will only allow you to make drop down menus from text, not from images. Then you have to customize them a lot in CSS. Your best bet would probably be to learn html and CSS if you want to do that kind of work.

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago

I've stared at various CSS scripts and Javascripts on the Internet until I'm starting to see spots but nothing is taking root in my brain. It's just one big shrug-fest. So yes, I'm looking for some sort of drag and drop that will actually do the work for me.

Hey, I'm a musician, not a web designer. We're not supposed to actually "know stuff". :rolleyes:

Hire someone or do the easiest, fastest thing.

This article at MacWorld might be a good place to start.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.