PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in the next major PB update?

atszyman
Sep 19, 2003, 07:53 PM
Ok we've just seen a PowerBook update, what would you like to see in the next major PowerBook revision, other than G5s that is.

I myself would love to see a convertable tablet/PB ala the Toshiba Portege or Fujitsu LifeBooks (http://webshop.fujitsupc.com/fpc/Ecommerce/buildseriesbean.do?series=T3D). Perferably all through the line 12, 15, and 17 inch. Since the previosly mentioned only seem to be in the range of 12" screens, I'd like to have room to work.

I know there has been a lot of discounting of the usefullness of tablet PCs but this would give us the best of both worlds. You could use it as a tablet for taking notes in class, or as a normal notebook for writing papers, code or email.

Since I just started grad school I would love a laptop to take notes on, but most of my notes involve fairly complex equations that would be much easier to take by hand rather than deal with equation editors. I can see professors/teachers getting behind this too since there wouldn't be clicking keyboards while people try to take notes. I don't care how quiet the keyboard is, if you put 60 of them in a room it's bound to be annoying.

applemacdude
Sep 19, 2003, 08:18 PM
G5

Ramsos
Sep 19, 2003, 09:02 PM
100 gig HD 4x or 8x superdrive and 10 hour battery life.

Schiffi
Sep 19, 2003, 11:21 PM
40Hr battery life, if that expermental fuel-cell battery catches on.

Alte22a
Sep 19, 2003, 11:56 PM
I would like to have a fully featured subsize note book, something like 10" to 9". and have drive bays that were swappable. Sometmes you just dont want to lug he 15" around town, I've tried the 12 my GF has one. Really fancy something a tichy bit smaller..... any thoughts?

plinkoman
Sep 19, 2003, 11:59 PM
the next major upgrade will obviously be the G5. there may be small minor upgrades between now and then, but nothing major untill the G5... god i can't wait

atszyman
Sep 20, 2003, 08:31 AM
I think we all realize that the next *major* update will probably involve G5s. but it will also more than likely involve a fairly substantial case update that will include other features. What features would you like to see there. I like the ideas of swapable drives since that could also give the option of a second battery in the drive bay for added battery life when desired.