Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thenewkasanova

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
And shows no sign of a jailbreak? My iPod has been acting up lately. It's been randomly ending songs and videos in the middle, and deleting some videos. I've tried restoring and re-syncing, no luck. Unfortunately, this occurs randomly, so I can't prove it to the Apple store. I need another reason, like my iPod won't sync with iTunes. Please help

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
What do you have installed on it. Sounds like something is currupting it.

thenewkasanova

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
Nothing, anymore. I'm completely unjailbreaked. But I really want to get this fixed, please help me screw up my iPod (lol) so that iTunes can't see it.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Reset the iPod to it's original specs and don't mess with it is the only way to keep it from "acting up".

thenewkasanova

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
No, come on. When you manually jailbreak, isn't there some fix which allows iTunes to properly sync with the iPod. How do I do that without doing the fix?

hecks

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2007
Posting this thread twice doesn't make it any less stupid. The answer to your question is: you can't, since you can only modify the iPod's software by jailbreaking it. Is that clear enough for you?

Now focus on fixing your problem. Provide more specific information and see if someone here can help you out.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
seems like a stupid question but why dont you want itunes to see your ipod if you have used itunes for your music? its nothing to do with apple seeing you have jailbroken the touch cause well I dont think thay can see u have. just do a restore to 1.1.1 use the jailbreakme.com method for 1.1.1 then install oktoprep update to 1.1.2 in itunes then use the 1.1.2 jailbreak, this sync fix you mention I dont know what this is as I never had to apply any type of fix with 1.1.1 or 1.1.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.