Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jagadis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
I just noticed that Agent 18 now has their iPod Touch case available for order on their website. I've been torn between getting the Griffin iClear for the Touch or the Agent 18 case. The thing that is swaying me to the Agent 18 case is that their website says it it compatible with the Universal Dock.

http://www.agent18.com/scripts/prodview2.asp?idproductpages=25

This is a key feature for me because I don't want to give up on my dock. The other thing that appeals to me is the finish on the Agent 18 products. The glossy finish on the iClear looks amazing but I wonder if its going to get scratched up really quick. The Agent 18 cases seem to have a slightly textured surface with a mat finish.

Any thoughts?

J.

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
I just noticed that Agent 18 now has their iPod Touch case available for order on their website. I've been torn between getting the Griffin iClear for the Touch or the Agent 18 case. The thing that is swaying me to the Agent 18 case is that their website says it it compatible with the Universal Dock.

http://www.agent18.com/scripts/prodview2.asp?idproductpages=25

This is a key feature for me because I don't want to give up on my dock. The other thing that appeals to me is the finish on the Agent 18 products. The glossy finish on the iClear looks amazing but I wonder if its going to get scratched up really quick. The Agent 18 cases seem to have a slightly textured surface with a mat finish.

Any thoughts?

J.

I have the iClear. Yes it is shiney, but it only cost me $14.99 at wal-mart. So far so good. No complaints.

Jagadis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
I finally received my Agent 18 case for the iPod Touch. It actually comes with a Universal Dock adapter. I've posted some pictures. As you can see from the photos, the adapter that came with the case also works great with the Griffin Reflect (or iClear) case (as seen the the 3rd photo). I kinda like the Reflect a bit better but I'll keep both in case the Reflect gets scratched up.

Not sure why Griffin doesn't include the adapter....

Jagadis.

Attachments

• DSCN0516.jpg
    DSCN0516.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,698
  • DSCN0518.jpg
    DSCN0518.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,695
  • DSCN0522.jpg
    DSCN0522.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,709
  • DSCN0525.jpg
    DSCN0525.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,701

mrwizardno2

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
Columbus, OH
let us know how the case goes. I read somewhere else on the forum of it scratching some other guy's touch somehow. Whether it was just his or not, I don't know, but I'm weary of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.