PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday 2007 - Apple (and others) After Thanksgiving Sale

MacRumors
Nov 18, 2007, 10:16 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/11/18/black-friday-2007-apple-and-others-after-thanksgiving-sale/)

In the U.S., the day after Thanksgiving is called "Black Friday", which is historically one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

Over the past several years, Apple has participated with one-day specials at both their retail Apple stores as well as the online Apple Store. Discounts have historically been modest and can not generally be combined with other offers (such as educational pricing). Pricelists for recent years are documented on our guides (http://guides.macrumors.com/Black_Friday).

Thanksgiving falls on November 22nd this year. Apple has not yet revealed their sale plans, but has participated annually in Black Friday with discounts since at least 2002 (http://www.macrumors.com/2002/11/18/apple-store-thanksgiving-event/).

Article Link: Black Friday 2007 - Apple (and others) After Thanksgiving Sale (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/11/18/black-friday-2007-apple-and-others-after-thanksgiving-sale/)

Eidorian
Nov 18, 2007, 10:17 PM
$101 off iMacs and Macbooks. :rolleyes:

Not cumulative with my education discount but it might be with a corporate one. Enjoy it online or in store. ;)

stcroixsailor
Nov 18, 2007, 10:20 PM
i NEVER go shopping on Black Friday. Crowds are sooooo bad. mall of america is really bad... the worst probably.

chr1s60
Nov 18, 2007, 10:20 PM
The discounts Apple gives on Black Friday are laughable when compared to other stores. It is nice they do something, but you would think they could do a little more than free shipping and $100 off a $2,000 computer.

arn
Nov 18, 2007, 10:21 PM
$100 off iMacs and Macbooks. :rolleyes:

Not cumulative with my education discount but it might be with a corporate one. Enjoy it online or in store. ;)

You'll prob end up paying more on tax than the savings, making amazon cheaper in the long run. But many people want to buy at their local Apple stores, so any savings makes sense if they're going to do it anyway.

arn

Eidorian
Nov 18, 2007, 10:23 PM
You'll prob end up paying more on tax than the savings, making amazon cheaper in the long run. But many people want to buy at their local Apple stores, so any savings makes sense if they're going to do it anyway.

arnYou'd stand to save a little here with 6% sales tax.

Lets go to Delaware!

notjustjay
Nov 18, 2007, 10:23 PM
It wasn't even until very recently that I learned what Black Friday was. We don't have that in Canada. Instead, we have our massive sales the day after Christmas, on Boxing Day (which has now become Boxing Week as merchants take advantage of the shopping frenzy). People will line up in the wee hours of the morning on December 26 to get good deals on all kinds of stuff.

Even then, I've never noticed Apple products to ever really go on any kind of discount. :(

Zadillo
Nov 18, 2007, 10:30 PM
The discounts Apple gives on Black Friday are laughable when compared to other stores. It is nice they do something, but you would think they could do a little more than free shipping and $100 off a $2,000 computer.

Honestly, who really does good black friday stuff on $2000 computers though? Most of the Black Friday deals I've seen on computers are usually on the very low-end of the spectrum, $400-500 laptops which had been $600-700, for example. I haven't seen major discounts on $2000 Sony Vaio laptops or Dell XPS laptops or whatever.

Telp
Nov 18, 2007, 10:39 PM

Thats a big deal for apple. They know they dont have to give anything and they willl still get a huge crowd, so its good that they do add this. It all counts.

chr1s60
Nov 18, 2007, 10:40 PM
Honestly, who really does good black friday stuff on $2000 computers though? Most of the Black Friday deals I've seen on computers are usually on the very low-end of the spectrum, $400-500 laptops which had been $600-700, for example. I haven't seen major discounts on $2000 Sony Vaio laptops or Dell XPS laptops or whatever.

You are correct. The majority of computers on sale that day are the cheaper models. I am just thinking of the actual discount percentage when you are only taking off $100 being something like 5-7%. Black Friday is the biggest shopping day in America, it seems like Apple lowering prices more on that day might help get them some more new customers. If those new customers turned into normal Apple customers, the money Apple would end up making off them would be well worth the extra discount price.

Prof.
Nov 18, 2007, 10:42 PM
Would ''Black Friday" be a good day to buy more RAM for my MacBook???:confused:

Prof. :apple:

Eidorian
Nov 18, 2007, 10:43 PM

Prof. :apple:If it's on sale.

iPhil
Nov 18, 2007, 10:53 PM
Black Friday is were retail turns into the black for the year and for retail people it's the longest work-day of the year..

Last year i worked from 5.30 am until 11.30pm with 2.5 hours of breaks.. :eek:

Zadillo
Nov 18, 2007, 10:57 PM
You are correct. The majority of computers on sale that day are the cheaper models. I am just thinking of the actual discount percentage when you are only taking off $100 being something like 5-7%. Black Friday is the biggest shopping day in America, it seems like Apple lowering prices more on that day might help get them some more new customers. If those new customers turned into normal Apple customers, the money Apple would end up making off them would be well worth the extra discount price.

Possibly. Although I don't think Apple wants to get into the business of massively discounting their products for any reason or special occasion.

Either way, again, I think Black Friday has become more about deals on cheaper electronics/computers/etc. I just haven't really seen anyone use it as a way to push the more expensive products.

-Zadillo

Kingsly
Nov 18, 2007, 11:04 PM
I hear the total amount of money Americans spend on black friday is enough to end world hunger. No, I'm not being sarcastic. :(

*gets in line for best buy*

Zadillo
Nov 18, 2007, 11:09 PM
I hear the total amount of money Americans spend on black friday is enough to end world hunger. No, I'm not being sarcastic. :(

*gets in line for best buy*

I highly doubt that (sounds like one of those things that is thrown around but probably can't be backed up). I've heard various stats that Americans who shop on Black Friday (and that wouldn't even be all Americans) spend something like on average $800-1000 or something.

So even if say, 200 million Americans spent $1000 on Black Friday (and I don't think that many Americans spend that much, I'm just pulling that number out there), that would some out to something like $200 billion. I don't think $200 billion is enough to "end world hunger".

-Zadillo

bigandtasty
Nov 18, 2007, 11:10 PM
i NEVER go shopping on Black Friday. Crowds are sooooo bad. mall of america is really bad... the worst probably.

That's Why You Wait Until 6pm And Then Head To Mall Of America!:)

Kingsly
Nov 18, 2007, 11:11 PM
I highly doubt that (sounds like one of those things that is thrown around but probably can't be backed up). I've heard various stats that Americans who shop on Black Friday (and that wouldn't even be all Americans) spend something like on average $800-1000 or something.

So even if say, 200 million Americans spent $1000 on Black Friday (and I don't think that many Americans spend that much, I'm just pulling that number out there), that would some out to something like $200 billion. I don't think $200 billion is enough to "end world hunger".

-Zadillo

Maybe it was prenatal care for women in the third world... :confused:

I just remember a staggering stat about black friday. Besides, it's not that hard to spend $1000 on christmas gifts without realizing it.

Zadillo
Nov 18, 2007, 11:13 PM

I just remember a staggering stat about black friday.

I'm sure that whatever amount is spent could probably be used for all sorts of good things. But then again, a lot of the American retail economy is dependent on people spending money on black friday as well, so if the suggestion is seemingly that if Americans didn't spend any money then but put it into some fund for whatever (world hunger, whatever), the benefit might be outweighed by serious repercussions for the American economy, which would spiral out to the global economy, and presumably lead to global thermonuclear war.

-Zadillo

Kingsly
Nov 18, 2007, 11:27 PM
I'm sure that whatever amount is spent could probably be used for all sorts of good things. But then again, a lot of the American retail economy is dependent on people spending money on black friday as well, so if the suggestion is seemingly that if Americans didn't spend any money then but put it into some fund for whatever (world hunger, whatever), the benefit might be outweighed by serious repercussions for the American economy, which would spiral out to the global economy, and presumably lead to global thermonuclear war.

-Zadillo

I know. I'm not in any way suggesting that Americans don't spend money. Heck, I plan on dropping all kinds of dough this friday...

It was more of a perspective thing. Like, "wow, Americans spend enough money on gifts to end world hunger. Thats a lot of fracking money!"

As I said, I shall now go wait in line at Best Buy. I think I'll buy a submarine. That way I will be safe from global thermonuclear war. :rolleyes: :cool:

TheRuggedLion
Nov 18, 2007, 11:29 PM

-Zadillo

Wow. Sounds like a good excuse to tell my girl on black friday, when buying a new DSLR.

halhiker
Nov 19, 2007, 12:12 AM
I thought Apple offered a 10% discount for online purchases last year. Or was I imagining that?

Eidorian
Nov 19, 2007, 12:14 AM
I thought Apple offered a 10% discount for online purchases last year. Or was I imagining that?The same deals in-store were offered online.

itgoesforfun
Nov 19, 2007, 12:31 AM
Last year (2006) the Black Friday price could be combined with the Corporate discount only online.

groovebuster
Nov 19, 2007, 01:20 AM
Thanksgiving falls on November 22nd this year. Apple has not yet revealed their sale plans, but has participated annually in Black Friday with discounts since at least 2002 (http://www.macrumors.com/2002/11/18/apple-store-thanksgiving-event/).

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/11/18/black-friday-2007-apple-and-others-after-thanksgiving-sale/)

So what is actually the news here? I am wondering that this is one page 1! :confused:

groovebuster

raskar
Nov 19, 2007, 01:23 AM
I understand if Dell or others put their products line on sale, I just don't see why apple should! especially with their fast selling macbooks. They are cheap as they are, for what they are :apple:

Tom J
Nov 19, 2007, 01:31 AM
Possibly. Although I don't think Apple wants to get into the business of massively discounting their products for any reason or special occasion.

Ditto. It worked for Bose, it's working for Apple.
Not a Bose fan at all but it's hard to argue with their business model.

dziewuliz
Nov 19, 2007, 02:29 AM
Any chances that the the educational discount could be combined with sales discount on the black friday? :rolleyes:

MrCrowbar
Nov 19, 2007, 04:56 AM

Just go to a bmedium sized mall, and just stant there watching the frenzy. It's crazy how people fight for useless junk just because it's a little cheaper than usual. Bring popvorn and beer and watch from inside your car or on its roof. :)

twoodcc
Nov 19, 2007, 05:59 AM
you won't catch me at an apple store on black friday. apple stores are crowded enough as it is. and the discounts are so small, it's not even worth it

rexley
Nov 19, 2007, 06:16 AM
Do you know if any of these offers are also reflected on the international online shops (specifically the UK one)?

Thanks

--
Rob.

angelwatt
Nov 19, 2007, 07:02 AM

Well Black Friday is for businesses to get out of the Red, but Apple is already in the Red so they have no need to create huge discounts. I'll be at their site Friday morning though trying to snag a Mac Mini or something.

NC MacGuy
Nov 19, 2007, 07:05 AM
$31 off a nano isn't bad if they offer it. I'd be buying 8 for employees as bonuses anyhow. I can sneak in an extra one for my kid at same price as I'd pay before discount. On-line of course, won't be caught dead near any store, Apple or otherwise.

GoCubsGo
Nov 19, 2007, 07:10 AM
You'd stand to save a little here with 6% sales tax.

Lets go to Delaware!
ROAD TRIP!!
I'll bring the cooler full of booze.

bytethese
Nov 19, 2007, 07:34 AM

-Zadillo

I've heard that 75% of statistics are made up on the spot... :)

slicecom
Nov 19, 2007, 07:44 AM
Lets go to Delaware!

I want to visit a screen door factory!

deejemon
Nov 19, 2007, 08:11 AM

St. Germain
Nov 19, 2007, 08:14 AM
Is Thanksgiving always on a Thursday? That's kind of weird.Yes.

President Lincoln declared Thanksgiving a Federal holiday as a "prayerful day of Thanksgiving" on the last Thursday in November. Since then every U.S. President has always made an official Thanksgiving Proclamation on behalf of the nation. President Franklin D. Roosevelt set the date for Thanksgiving to the fourth Thursday of November in 1939.

deejemon
Nov 19, 2007, 08:29 AM

uNext
Nov 19, 2007, 08:51 AM
I love the holidays

I am the guy watching how people flock to the stores
during black Friday rooting for them because they are making me money while i just sit at home relaxing.....

The holidays are the best......

Only in America people complain about gas prices going up (.10 -.20 cent increments) but don't complain about spending it on an ipod, 400 dollar phone, laptop and any miscellaneous product thats on sale on black Friday.

Now go out and make me money-make my quarter be profitable.

transitman
Nov 19, 2007, 08:54 AM
I want to get an iPhone and I wondered if anyone knew if it was rumored to go on sale on Black Friday?

KindredMAC
Nov 19, 2007, 09:08 AM

No, buy it NOW at MACSALES.com

OWC is having MAD MAD low prices on RAM for MacBooks.

But I am hoping for the following discounts:
Leopard to $99
.Mac to the usual Black Friday $68
iLife to $49

minik
Nov 19, 2007, 09:16 AM
'Black Friday' shopping wasn't for me neither. However, I always like to see the line and how shoppers' reactions on 5pm news.

Last year, I thought about getting a HDTV set at Best Buy on the 'Black Friday' sales. I didn't have high hope anyway. I drove to Best Buy around 2am and saw a long line already. Went back to bed.

sisyphus
Nov 19, 2007, 09:17 AM
Typically all the online stores get the savings as well (at least the Canadian one did last year)

Do you know if any of these offers are also reflected on the international online shops (specifically the UK one)?

Thanks

--
Rob.

pagansoul
Nov 19, 2007, 09:33 AM
Last year I was at Microcenter. There was a line outside to get the HDTVs that were on sale. The people on line had numbers and toward the end they were taking any size/type that was left. I need to buy what I come for, Black friday is for people who have more flexable expectations.

QuarterSwede
Nov 19, 2007, 09:46 AM
In the U.S., the day after Thanksgiving is called "Black Friday", which is historically one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
One of the busiest shopping days of the year? It is THE busiest shopping day of the year. Some retail stores make easily over 1 million dollars on that day. Mine is slated to somewhere around $600,000-$700,000 because it's a brand new store in a new area of the city so we're not really sure how many people will show up. My old store (in VA) would make $800,000 easily and that was a small store.

Personally, if I didn't have to open on Black Friday I sure wouldn't be working. People lose their minds and the traffic is unbearable. Besides, the 4 days before Thanksgiving (Sun-Wed) are getting better deals because retailers want to stretch Black Friday to fill the entire week.

Best Buy, this week, has a deal on a 50" Sony Bravia 1080p TV w/Playstation 3 and 5 Blu-Ray movies for $1999 which is $500 less than the TV itself ordinarily. Now that's a good deal and you don't have to wait in a long line or deal with psycho's to get it.

PNW
Nov 19, 2007, 09:48 AM
So it's a religious holiday, then.

I guess it makes sense. Eat like a pig on Thursday, shop till you drop on Friday, clean up and take back the Buyer's Regret purchases on Saturday, sleep in on Sunday.

Kind of a pagan quality to it. Feast, dance joyously, give back to the universe, rest. (I don't suppose it was co-opted like other religious holidays?)

Gurnenthar bless.

For all the non-Yanks on the board:
The short version of the story we're all taught in grammar school is that the pilgrims arrived from England and were starving. The Native Americans taught them about the local crops and food sources. The pilgrims started growing crops and at the harvest found themselves with an abundance of food. Then they sat down with their new friends and had a big feast to give thanks. We generally consider Thanksgiving a time to enjoy a meal with friends and family and take time to appreciate what we have. It's kind of a nice holiday in those respects, and despite it's religious overtones it's one of the few we don't seem to fight over. The Canadians do something similar but in October.

Edited to add: The traditional main course (I don't really know why) is roast Turkey. Cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie tend to be fairly high on the list of required items. Every family tends to have their own must have dish as well.

QuarterSwede
Nov 19, 2007, 09:59 AM
The short version of the story we're all taught in grammar school is that the pilgrims arrived from England and were starving. The Native Americans taught them about the local crops and food sources. The pilgrims started growing crops and at the harvest found themselves with an abundance of food. Then they sat down with their new friends and had a big feast to give thanks. We generally consider Thanksgiving a time to enjoy a meal with friends and family and take time to appreciate what we have. It's kind of a nice holiday in those respects, and despite it's religious overtones it's one of the few we don't seem to fight over. The Canadians do something similar but in October.

Edited to add: The traditional main course (I don't really know why) is roast Turkey. Cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie tend to be fairly high on the list of required items. Every family tends to have their own must have dish as well.
That's actually a pretty good summary. Too bad it didn't happy at all the way we were taught in school. But the premise remains, yes the Indians taught the Pilgrims how to farm and saved them from starving in the winter.

dolphin842
Nov 19, 2007, 10:00 AM
No, buy it NOW at MACSALES.com

OWC is having MAD MAD low prices on RAM for MacBooks.

Wow, prices indeed have gone down. Just a few weeks ago a 4 GB kit was $160... now it's $125. Too bad the original intel iMac can only go to 2 GB....

eastcoastsurfer
Nov 19, 2007, 10:22 AM

-Zadillo

Add to the fact that it's really not money needed at this point to end world hunger. Logistics and local dictators are the main problem now.

bitWrangler
Nov 19, 2007, 10:26 AM
One of the busiest shopping days of the year? It is THE busiest shopping day of the year. Some retail stores make easily over 1 million dollars on that day. Mine is slated to somewhere around $600,000-$700,000 because it's a brand new store in a new area of the city so we're not really sure how many people will show up. My old store (in VA) would make $800,000 easily and that was a small store.

Well technically, it's not necessarily the busiest shopping day of the year. It only has been a couple of years and often it's not even in the top 3. Typically the last Sat before Christmas is the busiest day. It's just not as sexy and doesn't get hyped up like BF does.

Chosenbydestiny
Nov 19, 2007, 11:55 AM
Money won't end world hunger. They'll just keep getting hungry and when you run out of money, what then? lol. It's like that one chinese proverb..... teach a man to fish?

phlavor
Nov 19, 2007, 01:04 PM
Teaching sustainable farming will end world hunger.

And I hope they offer Airport Expresses for $88 again this year. That's the price point that will keep me from walking mine back and forth between the living room and the kitchen.

hemenwayc
Nov 19, 2007, 01:53 PM

Point of clarification: Black Friday is called this because this is the day that many stores actually make a profit, thus putting them "in the black." All sales between this date and New Years' are profit. This isn't true of all stores, but it's a general economic trend. Think of it this way: If you make 10% profit, the first 90% of the year is break-even. (Exxon's Black Friday is the Friday after Martin Luther King Day, for example.... Kidding... Sort of....)

Manatee
Nov 19, 2007, 03:33 PM

If Crucial is having a sale that day, then sure! :)

reb
Nov 19, 2007, 04:27 PM
My Apple store's website has a link to shop online "at the store". I expect you can purchase and pick up later, avoiding the crush on Black Friday

theblueone
Nov 19, 2007, 04:28 PM
Best Buy, this week, has a deal on a 50" Sony Bravia 1080p TV w/Playstation 3 and 5 Blu-Ray movies for $1999 which is $500 less than the TV itself ordinarily. Now that's a good deal and you don't have to wait in a long line or deal with psycho's to get it.

Any chance you have a link to this deal? I can't find it at their website. That would be a fantastic bargain. I'm curious where you're seeing this.

Roy
Nov 19, 2007, 04:58 PM
Any chance you have a link to this deal? I can't find it at their website. That would be a fantastic bargain. I'm curious where you're seeing this.

I think this is what he is talking about (bottom half of the page, in the center, under BEST BUY:

http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy/Default.aspx?action=browsepageflash&storeid=2412888&rapid=481988&pagenumber=1&prvid=111807BA&promotioncode=111807BA

layzntired
Nov 19, 2007, 04:58 PM

Go to bestbuy.com
Click on weekly ad
and then enter your information (Location).

it's right on the 1st page of the add in the middle. You can't miss it, it's a great bargin. I don't know if this is available online.

layzntired
Nov 19, 2007, 05:00 PM
I'm here anxious about order in a new Mac online, but still haven't heard anything on whether there will be any sales worth waiting for on Friday. Why is it taking so long for the promos to be posted.

aznkid25
Nov 19, 2007, 06:36 PM
Any chance of a discount on the 16GB Ipod Touch to make it $349, anywhere?

theblueone
Nov 19, 2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks QuarterSwede and Roy and layzntired. I just went up to Best Buy to look at it. It's a pretty nice TV, and overall it seems like a good bargain. I might go back to snatch one up this evening.

transitman
Nov 19, 2007, 09:00 PM
I am waiting to buy an iPhone to see if I can catch one on the refurbished page on the Apple Store or if they may go on sale for Black Friday. Does anyone have any rumors about what may go on sale?

transitman
Nov 19, 2007, 09:02 PM
Any chance of a discount on the 16GB Ipod Touch to make it $349, anywhere?

I know that Sam's Club has the 16GB Touch for $386 right now. Does anyone know if the iPhone will go on sale for $349 on Black Friday?

Spritey
Nov 19, 2007, 09:20 PM
Maybe people should keep in mind that it's also the Buy Nothing Day http://adbusters.org/metas/eco/bnd/ despite the rebates Apple might offer.

At least take a few seconds to think about all the stuff you buy, constantly, but you really don't need. Or even all the stuff you buy people for Christmas, just because society tells you to buy buy buy because it's Christmas/Father's Day/Mother's Day/Birthdays/Valentine's Day/Halloween ++

And I'm not saying 'don't buy anything ever', just think about the majority of all the things you get, whether it's big or small: how often do you really use the stuff you get. (Sitting in a closet collecting dust does not count as 'being used').

DakotaGuy
Nov 19, 2007, 09:32 PM
Toshiba HD-DVD HD-A3 player at Sears $169.99 from 5AM to NOON
http://bfads.net/Toshiba-HDA3-HD-DVD-Player-at-Sears

rtdunham
Nov 19, 2007, 09:55 PM
Some retail stores make easily over 1 million dollars on that day. Mine is slated to somewhere around $600,000-$700,000 because it's a brand new store in a new area of the city so we're not really sure how many people will show up. My old store (in VA) would make $800,000 easily

can we distinguish between profit, on the one hand, and income or revenue, on the other? If you SELL $100 of something, you have $100 income or revenue. If it costs you $90 to make and market it, then your profit is $10. Or--and this is my point--you've "made" $10 on the $100 sale.

I think you're meaning to say your stores would have SALES of $600-700k, NOT "make" $100k.

I see this mistake frequently on the forums and figured it would be worthwhile clarifying our terms.

peace out

Chef Medeski
Nov 19, 2007, 10:21 PM

-Zadillo
I think its plausible. Impvroved farming and irrigation techniques (which plenty stem from purely educational training) can go a far way to eliminate a lot of hunger.

HLdan
Nov 19, 2007, 10:39 PM

I just remember a staggering stat about black friday. Besides, it's not that hard to spend $1000 on christmas gifts without realizing it.

Unless you did it on purpose I would recommend that you check the mispelling in your sig.

Eidorian
Nov 20, 2007, 12:40 AM
I just got an e-mail from Apple but no price information yet.

MacAngel40
Nov 20, 2007, 02:08 AM
I got the exact same email as well...also with no prices indicated. :)
If they are going to mass email that,... seems like it would have been a good idea to give a clue as to the discounts!!! ;)
Guess we'll know soon enough!

HowEver
Nov 20, 2007, 11:31 AM
So many more people will sign on at midnight Thursday if they don't give away pricing first. No doubt they know what they are doing.

Of course, if you do that, but don't buy a sale item (or if you do), you may well wind up buying something else you desperately need (or don't).

It's all about the page views baby.

Cloudane
Nov 20, 2007, 12:25 PM
The short version of the story we're all taught in grammar school is that the pilgrims arrived from England and were starving. The Native Americans taught them about the local crops and food sources. The pilgrims started growing crops and at the harvest found themselves with an abundance of food. Then they sat down with their new friends and had a big feast to give thanks.

Shortly afterwards, they went on a mass murdering spree and wiped out most of the natives. Lovely tale :D (I know... it's all ancient history now and that's not exactly an accurate or balanced view of events. Light hearted comment... don't kill me.)

Seems like an odd name, here in the UK we had a Black Wednesday, which was a huge economic crisis, and certainly wouldn't have been a good time to buy things :p

coffey7
Nov 20, 2007, 07:52 PM
Why would Apple give really good discounts on Black friday? They are all about profits. Apple fans will spend the money so they have no need to lower anything. When I bought my macbook they wanted $500 or $600 for 2gb of ram. 2gb of ram for my brand new thinkpad was only $300. I believe since the switch to intel its the same ram. I guess since its made in Korea that makes it worth more. No, its all about the dollar or Euro. Buying an Apple is like going to a Porshe dealership, you know its expensive and you don't care.

P.S I love all the non Americans with all the expert opinions of us. I love stereotypes.

ingenious
Nov 20, 2007, 08:43 PM

arn

Am I the only one that gets charged sales tax at Amazon? Grr...

Anyway, there's no Apple Store in Wichita, KS, where I'll be for Thanksgiving, so I'll have to stick to Best Buy (DON'T GO TO CIRCUIT CITY!*).

*Last year, we waited for four hours** in a small Circuit City because they had only four registers open in the entire place!

**Okay, so that's not awful for Black Friday, I guess, but it would have helped if the cashiers moved faster than dormant volcanoes and there were more registers open.