Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efedor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Hi to all, I just purchased my Itouch from my local Px store here in Iraq, I must say I like it alot but was disappointed when I wase'nt able to play games in it. I owned the old video Ipod and had vortex,pacman and other games and of course I cant play them. Can anyone tell me what I have to do in order to play games? Please keep in mind that there is no wi-fi here! Also can anyone tell me if I have a good serial number version? serial is:. Please reply and thanks in advance.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
Hi to all, I just purchased my Itouch from my local Px store here in Iraq, I must say I like it alot but was disappointed when I wase'nt able to play games in it. I owned the old video Ipod and had vortex,pacman and other games and of course I cant play them. Can anyone tell me what I have to do in order to play games? Please keep in mind that there is no wi-fi here! Also can anyone tell me if I have a good serial number version? serial is:xxxxxxxxxx. Please reply and thanks in advance.

don't put you're serial here

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
That serial number corresponds to a week 39, which will work fine. To put on games through a "jailbreak," you need to access a Wi-Fi connection (I know, I know) for a few steps. You only need a one foot or so Wi-Fi bubble from a computer, since all you need to do is visit one site and then use an SFTP client on your computer to drag and drop files onto your iPod.

If you can't get Wi-Fi on your computer but can find it somewhere else (I know you said you can't already, but here's to trying), there are instructions here to add some NES games. On that other forum is also instructions on how to Jailbreak your iPod. The other games you can get are Yahtzee, MusicQuiz, Tap Tap Revolution (an iPod version of Dance Dance Revolution, but this one requires Wi-Fi to play), a Gameboy Advance Emulator, Lights Off, and Minesweeper. There are a few more, but I don't like 'em. :p

Good luck!

efedor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
It seems like I'm in the dog house, oh well I can wait. what does jail break allow you to do? can I purchase games from the internet? Is there a way I can put a book into it, like text book so I can read a book out of it? I know wierd questions but that what Iraq does to you :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.