Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gman901

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Can anyone tell me if using an XBOX 360 controller on my Macbook Pro versus using the standard keyboard layout is easier to use? I like the keyboard, but I find myself looking down at my keyboard a lot because I keep hitting the wrong keys. Any benefit in using a gamepad?

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Can anyone tell me if using an XBOX 360 controller on my Macbook Pro versus using the standard keyboard layout is easier to use? I like the keyboard, but I find myself looking down at my keyboard a lot because I keep hitting the wrong keys. Any benefit in using a gamepad?

The computer version of games are not usually designed with gamepads in mind. Most games on console have some kind of auto-aim due to lack of precise control of gamepads. Computer versions of the games do not have auto-aim, so you would be at a disadvantage.

You probably need to learn how to touch-type (typing without looking at the keyboard), or practice more with keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.