PDA

View Full Version : Mac vs PC ads

stuff99
Nov 19, 2007, 05:28 PM
Is it just me or do you find the mac vs pc ads getting kinda stale/annoying.

I love macs obviously but this pc bashing and the fact that the ads are just one long way of saying we are better than you PC is getting boring.

psychofreak
Nov 19, 2007, 05:31 PM
Definitely...at least here in the UK they can't directly comment on Windows...

CalBoy
Nov 19, 2007, 06:35 PM
Yes, I'd say that they're getting old now.

There was another thread about this not long ago, but I think that the best Apple ads were the ones where Apple was showing off just how innovative it is, without attacking anyone else.

Two of my favorite ads were the "There's no step 3" one and the one where Yao Ming and Mini Me show off the 12" and 17" Powerbooks. That was good advertising.

CRAZYBUBBA
Nov 19, 2007, 07:26 PM
Yes, I'd say that they're getting old now.

There was another thread about this not long ago, but I think that the best Apple ads were the ones where Apple was showing off just how innovative it is, without attacking anyone else.

Two of my favorite ads were the "There's no step 3" one and the one where Yao Ming and Mini Me show off the 12" and 17" Powerbooks. That was good advertising.

I agree my fave ad was the imac g4 ad where it has human characteristics and looks as passerbys from the store's window.

CalBoy
Nov 19, 2007, 08:51 PM
I agree my fave ad was the imac g4 ad where it has human characteristics and looks as passerbys from the store's window.

Huh...I don't remember that ad:o

Could you provide a linky?:)

pianoman
Nov 19, 2007, 09:02 PM
i like the new one where PC is standing behind the podium and he says something like "if Mac's new operating system has dozens of new features, i say... ignore them!"

the other new ones are no good.

CRAZYBUBBA
Nov 19, 2007, 09:02 PM
Huh...I don't remember that ad:o

Could you provide a linky?:)

Click here to see the greatest imac ad ever (http://youtube.com/watch?v=sYutehhGknI)

CalBoy
Nov 19, 2007, 09:08 PM
Click here to see the greatest imac ad ever (http://youtube.com/watch?v=sYutehhGknI)

That was a good ad.

Hmmm...I notice two common themes with all these ads: they were all in the late '90s/early '00s and involved Jeff Goldblum.

Alright, get Jeff on the phone pronto!:D

CRAZYBUBBA
Nov 19, 2007, 09:09 PM

That was a good ad.

Hmmm...I notice two common themes with all these ads: they were all in the late '90s/early '00s and involved Jeff Goldblum.

Alright, get Jeff on the phone pronto!:D

I don't understand what you mean about involve jeff goldblum?

My other fave is the apple lisa ad w/ kevin costner

runplaysleeprun
Nov 19, 2007, 09:13 PM
I liked the one where they had a Powermac G4 surrounded by tanks because it was technically classified as a super computer and had some export restrictions on it or something.

CRAZYBUBBA
Nov 19, 2007, 09:14 PM
I liked the one where they had a Powermac G4 surrounded by tanks because it was technically classified as a super computer and had some export restrictions on it or something.

I never liked that one, for me the iMac g3 'colors' trumps it anyday.

CalBoy
Nov 19, 2007, 09:27 PM
I don't understand what you mean about involve jeff goldblum?

He's the voice-over in each of the commercials (iMac-There's no Step 3, Powerbook-12"&17", and iMac-Window Shopping).

paul.b.davis
Nov 19, 2007, 09:29 PM

That was a good ad.

Alright, get Jeff on the phone pronto!:DYou know, you don't see enough of him these days...

CalBoy
Nov 19, 2007, 09:34 PM
You know, you don't see enough of him these days...

I know some people found him to be quirky, but I rather liked that about his acting. Better than the garbage we see now with people like Keanu Reeves. :rolleyes:

CRAZYBUBBA
Nov 19, 2007, 09:39 PM
I know some people found him to be quirky, but I rather liked that about his acting. Better than the garbage we see now with people like Keanu Reeves. :rolleyes:

Thats exactly how i feel about michael keaton.

paul.b.davis
Nov 19, 2007, 09:41 PM
I know some people found him to be quirky, but I rather liked that about his acting. Better than the garbage we see now with people like Keanu Reeves. :rolleyes:exactly, he was brilliant in life aquatic

CalBoy
Nov 19, 2007, 09:46 PM
Thats exactly how i feel about michael keaton.
To each his own!:)
exactly, he was brilliant in life aquatic

Huh...I haven't seen that. When the next five years of school are over and I've passed the Bar, I'll be sure to rent it. :eek::p

paul.b.davis
Nov 19, 2007, 09:54 PM
To each his own!:)

Huh...I haven't seen that. When the next five years of school are over and I've passed the Bar, I'll be sure to rent it. :eek::pit's a bill murray movie, its got owen wilson as well

wow, this got wayyyy off topic

CalBoy
Nov 19, 2007, 11:35 PM
wow, this got wayyyy off topic

Indeed it did:o:D

Back to the ads: I think the new touch ad is ok. The song works for me. But then again, most iPod commercials have been pretty good.

CRAZYBUBBA
Nov 19, 2007, 11:49 PM
This is another fave of mine (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1dDI7PCSx9g)

CalBoy
Nov 20, 2007, 12:29 AM
This is another fave of mine (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1dDI7PCSx9g)

It has that warm fuzzy feeling effect to it:o

paul.b.davis
Nov 20, 2007, 12:47 AM
This is another fave of mine (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1dDI7PCSx9g)was that guy peeing in public right after he said "I've done things I should not have done"??

or is that just me