Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuff99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2007
Is it just me or do you find the mac vs pc ads getting kinda stale/annoying.

I love macs obviously but this pc bashing and the fact that the ads are just one long way of saying we are better than you PC is getting boring.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Definitely...at least here in the UK they can't directly comment on Windows...

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Yes, I'd say that they're getting old now.

There was another thread about this not long ago, but I think that the best Apple ads were the ones where Apple was showing off just how innovative it is, without attacking anyone else.

Two of my favorite ads were the "There's no step 3" one and the one where Yao Ming and Mini Me show off the 12" and 17" Powerbooks. That was good advertising.

CRAZYBUBBA

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Toronto/Houston
Yes, I'd say that they're getting old now.

There was another thread about this not long ago, but I think that the best Apple ads were the ones where Apple was showing off just how innovative it is, without attacking anyone else.

Two of my favorite ads were the "There's no step 3" one and the one where Yao Ming and Mini Me show off the 12" and 17" Powerbooks. That was good advertising.

I agree my fave ad was the imac g4 ad where it has human characteristics and looks as passerbys from the store's window.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i like the new one where PC is standing behind the podium and he says something like "if Mac's new operating system has dozens of new features, i say... ignore them!"

the other new ones are no good.

CRAZYBUBBA

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Toronto/Houston

That was a good ad.

Hmmm...I notice two common themes with all these ads: they were all in the late '90s/early '00s and involved Jeff Goldblum.

Alright, get Jeff on the phone pronto!:D

I don't understand what you mean about involve jeff goldblum?

My other fave is the apple lisa ad w/ kevin costner

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
I liked the one where they had a Powermac G4 surrounded by tanks because it was technically classified as a super computer and had some export restrictions on it or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.